+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new goalkeeper

new goalkeeper

Dundee have signed a goalkeeper from Burnley.
    been with a few clubs, but an experienced keeper at a good level.
    thank goodness, i was dreading the hibs game, just hope his clearance comes through in time.

Clearance?

I don't know if he'll play on Sunday, game's a dead rubber and I'd be inclined not to risk him. Assuming Flap Jack hasn't already been told he's out I'd play him.

Think we need more than a goalie.

Liam Fontaine signs, good pedigree in the Championship, remember his name from Hibs

Good news about Fontaine. That's the goalie and the CB hopefully fixed. Saw a report that they had been talking about the reasons for these defensive blunders that have cost us so many goals. Would have thought that after the first game everyone would have had that talk. Not too sure about the balance of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Good news about Fontaine. That's the goalie and the CB hopefully fixed. Saw a report that they had been talking about the reasons for these defensive blunders that have cost us so many goals. Would have thought that after the first game everyone would have had that talk. Not too sure about the balance of our team.
    Lack of pace across the middle is a problem, and without Charlie Adam we’d have no threat at all. Finn is ‘tidy’ but rarely makes a killer pass, Gowser is slower than he used to be and doesn’t get away from his man any more.
    I’d like to see McDaid and Elliot given a bit of a run and told to get forward, they’ve got a yard in them and have some physicality.
    The difference between us and teams who do well in this league is not ability, it’s speed of getting the ball forward towards the opponents goal.

Our midfield is so slow. We never catch teams on the break. Our striking problem particularly the McGowan/Sow combination is simply not good enough for even this league.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Our midfield is so slow. We never catch teams on the break. Our striking problem particularly the McGowan/Sow combination is simply not good enough for even this league.
    Those two up front wouldn’t get us out league one, but they might take us into it

I will be surprised if McPake will leave or be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Those two up front wouldn’t get us out league one, but they might take us into it
    H what is scary is we the fans can see it,but the power corridors in dens from the manager up can't,we as a club have fallen so far since we relegated that shower over the rd,we shouldv kicked on on the park and just as importantly off the park but we never.heads shouldv rolled for that and lessons learned but not an eyebrow raised outwith the normal fans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)