+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweden why can they get it woohoo wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Need to keep this thread going. I wonder what number of covid deaths will be acceptable to our society. If covid is endemic and cannot be killed how are we on a global level going act?

It seems to me that dying with covid being diagnosed within 28 days of death needs to be reviewed. Is this measure used by other countries? If not, why not? I am hoping for more facts and not just banter!
    Is the 28 day measure used for other viruses like flu or colds is a better question.

Need to keep this thread going. I wonder what number of covid deaths will be acceptable to our society. If covid is endemic and cannot be killed how are we on a global level going act?

It seems to me that dying with covid being diagnosed within 28 days of death needs to be reviewed. Is this measure used by other countries? If not, why not? I am hoping for more facts and not just banter!
    Peter Hitchens v Dan Hodges......hosted by Mike Graham is now on you tube.

Great debate, 1 hour, very well controlled.

Think you'll enjoy it.

Dare I say it's almost mirror image of opposing views on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Is the 28 day measure used for other viruses like flu or colds is a better question.
    I have never seen the 28 day measure used for other viruses such as colds or flu because the UK has never been locked down because of these viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have never seen the 28 day measure used for other viruses such as colds or flu because the UK has never been locked down because of these viruses.
    Correct, because we've never had the massive over reaction we're currently experiencing.

Historically if someone has flu on the 1st of a month and dies on the 15th in an accident flu was not considered a contributory cause. Yet if the same happens now with a positive Covid test on the 1st - even if asympomatic - it's a Covid death.

It's scandalous.

Correct, because we've never had the massive over reaction we're currently experiencing.

Historically if someone has flu on the 1st of a month and dies on the 15th in an accident flu was not considered a contributory cause. Yet if the same happens now with a positive Covid test on the 1st - even if asympomatic - it's a Covid death.

It's scandalous.
    Are you sure that is right Deeranged? It seems so silly I wonder if it correct?

Agree. Much better question. Will see if there is a rebuttal from Taintedice or some of the other posters who support tend to think different5.

Are you sure that is right Deeranged? It seems so silly I wonder if it correct?
    It is right. Look at the small print when the numbers are being announced - death by any cause where there was a positive Covid test within the preceding 28 days.

The silliness is what makes it so scandalous.

Agree. Much better question. Will see if there is a rebuttal from Taintedice or some of the other posters who support tend to think different5.
    There are people who think the earth is flat, there are people who think the moon landings were faked, there are those who claim 100000 people were hit by buses in the past year, they will never believe otherwise so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    There are people who think the earth is flat, there are people who think the moon landings were faked, there are those who claim 100000 people were hit by buses in the past year, they will never believe otherwise so why bother.
    But I do bother. Deeranged has made this point on many occasions, it forms one of the planks in the case that our figures are not being counted on the same standard as anywhere else in the world and I think if he is right then guys like you who criticise our politicians for the poor work they have done should be asking for the figures to be revised to bring them into line with international norms. I have just read an article about proposals to unpick the 2012 health reforms brought in by Edward Lansley during the coalition Cameron/Clegg government. The idea is to bring back the National element and do away with the local commissioning health authorities. Putting the HEALTH MINISTER IN CHARGE. Apparently the narrative behind this approach is that when the current incumbent pulled the levers at the start of the pandemic nothing happened. NHS not so effective as we thought. I find it strange that the solution to this is getting more political control. Maybe we are heading for a totalitarian state?

But I do bother. Deeranged has made this point on many occasions, it forms one of the planks in the case that our figures are not being counted on the same standard as anywhere else in the world and I think if he is right then guys like you who criticise our politicians for the poor work they have done should be asking for the figures to be revised to bring them into line with international norms. I have just read an article about proposals to unpick the 2012 health reforms brought in by Edward Lansley during the coalition Cameron/Clegg government. The idea is to bring back the National element and do away with the local commissioning health authorities. Putting the HEALTH MINISTER IN CHARGE. Apparently the narrative behind this approach is that when the current incumbent pulled the levers at the start of the pandemic nothing happened. NHS not so effective as we thought. I find it strange that the solution to this is getting more political control. Maybe we are heading for a totalitarian state?
    Its never been effective since the late 50s.

Heading.....😁

Did you watch Mr Hitchens v Hodges? ....very guid.....Mr .Hitchens last min of speaking was as guid as a derby winner and the pus shutter of all pus shutters.

Hodges also made some good points.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)