+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweden why can they get it woohoo wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    But I do bother. Deeranged has made this point on many occasions, it forms one of the planks in the case that our figures are not being counted on the same standard as anywhere else in the world and I think if he is right then guys like you who criticise our politicians for the poor work they have done should be asking for the figures to be revised to bring them into line with international norms.
    Countries will have different methods for counting covid deaths. It doesn't mean the conspiracy theorists are right that doctors and coroners are falsifying death certificates in their tens of thousands to cover up why someone really died. 20% of 'deaths with covid' are outside the 28-day cutoff and aren't added to the headline figure. Deaths are not being overcounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Its never been effective since the late 50s.

Heading.....😁

Did you watch Mr Hitchens v Hodges? ....very guid.....Mr .Hitchens last min of speaking was as guid as a derby winner and the pus shutter of all pus shutters.

Hodges also made some good points.
    'Mr Hitchens' ffs he's not royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    20% of 'deaths with covid' are outside the 28-day cutoff and aren't added to the headline figure

You really couldn't make that **** up - oh wait somebody did.

'Mr Hitchens' ffs he's not royalty
    The Bomber and Mr Hitchens.....standard practice.

Good manners and better than counting bus deaths😂

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Is this the first pandemic in history when the world's population has increased?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Well, the ONS keeps tracks of these types of things, it's their job.

Beats claiming 100,000 have died after leaving hospital perfectly healthy then getting hit by a bus on the way home

Watched the Hitchens Hodges chat. Hitchens final statement was great theatre but it reminded me of the terrible crime of flip flopping. Remember if someone posted for example, the Bomber was a poor managerial choice when he arrived and after he got the reaction from the team and kept the dream of avoiding relegation that same poster made a complimentary post about Bomber the cry went up about flip flopping.
    Two points struck me. Reason Boris went for the Maoist approach was never disputed. Seems to me that having chosen the Maoist approach his advisors actually chickened out and started the whole fear of covid strategy for achieving public compliance.
    Thought Hodges made some decent points. Facts change then policy should change is a well respected maxim. That seems to be the problem. Hitchens could accept the facts about the virus have changed because of the vaccine, but he does not believe that those currently running the country will change their approach. Hodges did believe that the government would find a new road map that did not need to rely on lockdown. As you know I am of a similar opinion.

Hitchens comparing the UK to China is desperate stuff, but he has to try and convince his followers that only China had a successful lockdown policy and only because they are able to control the population's every move. That is a lie.

Hitchens comparing the UK to China is desperate stuff, but he has to try and convince his followers that only China had a successful lockdown policy and only because they are able to control the population's every move. That is a lie.
    I am sorry. I disagree with you. I don't think he said anything of the sort. You have made it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Watched the Hitchens Hodges chat. Hitchens final statement was great theatre but it reminded me of the terrible crime of flip flopping. Remember if someone posted for example, the Bomber was a poor managerial choice when he arrived and after he got the reaction from the team and kept the dream of avoiding relegation that same poster made a complimentary post about Bomber the cry went up about flip flopping.
    Two points struck me. Reason Boris went for the Maoist approach was never disputed. Seems to me that having chosen the Maoist approach his advisors actually chickened out and started the whole fear of covid strategy for achieving public compliance.
    Thought Hodges made some decent points. Facts change then policy should change is a well respected maxim. That seems to be the problem. Hitchens could accept the facts about the virus have changed because of the vaccine, but he does not believe that those currently running the country will change their approach. Hodges did believe that the government would find a new road map that did not need to rely on lockdown. As you know I am of a similar opinion.
    Yes that's why I thought you'd enjoy it.

Peter Hitchens Dark Blues has been renamed btw to Mr Peter Hitchens Dark Blues 😁

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)