+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweden why can they get it woohoo wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I went ten years because I always like plenty data. Although I suppose with 2017 and 2018 mortality being of global pandemic proportions the point would have been even better made with a five year rolling average.
    Sweden started the year with 800 less deaths in the first 2 months compared to 5-year average. Projected for 2020 that's 5k less deaths. Now they have 2k additional deaths, 7k swing in total, covering 6k confirmed deaths and all the ones they are hiding. Plausible? Think the next 2 months will be as rough for them as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Ahhh those pesky projections again.

1.5 mill brits deid, 70% of over 70s hospitalised and 4000 a day dead by Xmas.

Away to visit my parents.😎
    Modelling for England isn't relevant in Scotland where there is no lockdown and won't be needed again, assuming the vaccine delivers as promised. Say hi to your parents, they're seeing a lot of you recently, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    6000 deaths in 3 months isn't that great given their economy has suffered as much as their neighbours and they're now having to deal with a second wave. Clearly you're not going to see sense here so I'll leave you to it although comparing Scotland and Sweden right now, other than a few pubs being shut, what are the big differences in approach that you see?
    They have lowered their dead during a worldwide pandemic😂

1st class.

No more total dead than any of their neighbours really.

2nd wave😂

Swedes are living normally, the poison dwarf is away to go full lockdown......no much.

Sweden started the year with 800 less deaths in the first 2 months compared to 5-year average. Projected for 2020 that's 5k less deaths. Now they have 2k additional deaths, 7k swing in total, covering 6k confirmed deaths and all the ones they are hiding. Plausible? Think the next 2 months will be as rough for them as everyone else.
    But but but

Modelling for England isn't relevant in Scotland where there is no lockdown and won't be needed again, assuming the vaccine delivers as promised. Say hi to your parents, they're seeing a lot of you recently, eh
    Always do.

Nobody will tell me I can't.

We are in virtual lockdown full lockdown before Xmas on the cards in Scotland, she can't help herself.

Poison

They have lowered their dead during a worldwide pandemic��

1st class.

No more total dead than any of their neighbours really.

2nd wave��

Swedes are living normally, the poison dwarf is away to go full lockdown......no much.
    Like I said, I'm leaving you to it, anyone who is interested can make up their own minds based on the evidence presented so far

Always do.

Nobody will tell me I can't.

We are in virtual lockdown full lockdown before Xmas on the cards in Scotland, she can't help herself.

Poison
    Virtual lockdown, better tell that to the hunners of folk wandering about my locality today, cafes, shops packed, people lined up for fish and chips, butchers doing a roaring trade. Ok, nae pubs or restaurants open which isn't great but think of all the health benefits

Loving all these restaurant owners complaining they can't charge £6 a glass for wine they get for a fiver a bottle

Deaths this year are less than their 5 year average😁 Apparently folk no seeing the need to top themselves and are quite comfortable going to see about any lumps or bumps.

I just can't understand why they don't do lockdown to get that average up. They can do so much better.

They could be like Peru and have one of the strickest lockdowns in the world....that's went really well for them, top of the league.That well that el presidente might get shot.

Sweden, marxist feminist nutters but beh God they do pandemics well.😎
    Just wondering if you have changed your mind re Sweden, it seems the good folk of Sweden have. Many comparisons have been made with the UK. Taking into account the fact that we have 7 times their population in a country half the size of Sweden (population density being a bigger factor than simple population size) their death toll is markedly worse than the UKs. In many minds the argument goes along the line of their performance without lockdowns, until more recent times than ours, versus the UK with the various lockdowns. I suppose there is room for some argument in this regard but the most damning statistic comes when you compare Sweden with Norway an infinitely closer comparison size wise and population wise. Norway locked down, Sweden didn't until recently. Swedish Covid deaths 7,800 Norway 402. I think that ends all arguments in this regard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55347021

What the difference in population density between Norway and Sweden. Just interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    What the difference in population density between Norway and Sweden. Just interested.
    Sweden has done so well.

Now they have went up my estimation for apologising for care home scandal. ...unlike sturgeon.

SNP to busy hiding money, covering their tracks on salmond and wanting to fill our youth with drugs.

Truly a horrible set of ****s.....racist as well.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)