+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust meeting

Trust meeting

I’ll post on here as people are sick of me on the other board I’m losing the will as well.

Tonight’s trust members meeting stuff.

20 months ago they was PR ready for a change of ownership re EWM and was very close and went for EFL approval. No idea why it took so long. This is now more/less dead.

Club no idea on EWM admin, no contact and no contact re paying the money back at the moment.

We haven’t got a huge amount for Henderson, really small, not the million some people say - if anything at all.

11,900 raised for the fund where £3000 came from face in the crowd. Some to be used by the club to purchase new equipment for the fitness team.

Thanks Mullen.

You seem to be doing a good job on the other site. A few of the Administrators' mates continue to miss the point.

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones" - John Lennon.

Presumably if the Club has signed a Loan Agreement with EWM all the Club will have to do is comply with the repayment terms.

If the Club hasn't breached any of the Loan terms and conditions then there is nothing the Administrators can do.

I imagine so, there’s been no comment yet from the administrators to the club.

It’s now confirmed the debt is now with the administrators and not been moved by Day.

It all depends what the repayment terms are? No one really knows what EWM expected apart from the club saying there’s no urgent requirement - we shall see

Presumably the Club is sufficiently professional (or you would think Day would have been) to ensure there was a written agreement setting out the loan terms and conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    A few of the Administrators' mates continue to miss the point.
    Exactly. I'm not complaining about NS being banned. Some of the stuff he posts does deserve a ban in my view. But they should just be honest about it, and if he was banned at the request of the Trust, they should be honest about that to because they claim to be an independent forum. Frankly they are treating their user base with contempt.

Let's consider three entities, the club, the people who work for it and the people who own it. The club cannot be described in terms of being professional or otherwise. Nigel Clibbens is the Chief Executive but is really the Chief Clerk. He is not popular with supporters but he is formidably effective in terms of his core skills as an accountant. He knows all the rules of the EFL and FA in terms of their relevance to the club.
    The owners of the club are buffoons who were lucky enough such that a foetus got transferred to Manchester United and did well. Such was their good fortune that when the club was desperate at the beginning of last season they had to use a 17 year old centre back in the first team and it worked.
    The debt to EWM is the club's entire debt. At the beginning of this year, if not before, EWM capped the debt and absolutely refused to reconsider. So since then the club has lived off 'football fortune' the monthly transfer fee staggered payments. When such payments come in they equally quickly go out so the club has very little money and when these monthly transfer fee payments cease then the s­hit will hit the fan big time. The club has negligible other income. Even when supporters resume attending matches the club will once again be running at a serious loss after the football fortune tails off. Cumbria's best businesses refuse to consider doing sponsorship, advertising and other forms of help whilst the three buffoons own almost 75% of it.

Hey, but let's not bother about any of that, for the moment the money is coming in and going out monthly in almost equal amounts. If you believe that this will go on for ever then you can have the opinion that the owners are running the club formidably well.

Agree, and they are getting that.

NS has deserved to be banned 1000 times but it’s not about that. It’s about the missing posts etc.

The mods always told me they liked honesty and openess and hated the trust and club for not doing that.

It’s obvious there’s no bug, but they aren’t being honest what’s happened and it’s infuriating me because they are doing the exact thing they said they hated.

Agree Dick

We are having a good season now as we received “football fortune” but it won’t last.

We paid 100% of wages in furlough and that’s why we are getting better players as we are trusted to pay.

However we have this debt to EWM, you’re right businesses in Carlisle won’t do business with us. Next season we could be in the ****.

We will go all out for promotion this season as next season will be a struggle financially whatever league we are in.

It’s not rosy at all

Quote Originally Posted by mullen103 View Post
    The mods always told me they liked honesty and openess and hated the trust and club for not doing that.
    Exactly, all I want is honesty. If they've deleted NS have the decency to be honest about it to your user base, and not treat us like fools who are expected to believe rubbish about self aware software bugs.

I worry that we're seeing the thin end of the wedge with banning users. NS was the most controversial so easy to get rid of him and not many will complain. But what next? Will anyone with too much "negativity" and criticism of the club be banned? I worry that eventually no dissenting opinion will be allowed. We need to make this forum the main one, start driving traffic to this site.
    Last edited by Kessler; 13-11-2020 at 11:09 PM.

On how well the club is being run, not everyone has taken in the clear truth about the full extent of the EWM Charge on the club's assets. There's a minority of people who believe that the Charge is solely on Brunton Park and associated land. Such is the phrasing of the Brief Description at the beginning of the document at Companies House.

https://find-and-update.company-info...1kIps0xsJfeYu0

For the full details of the Charge click on 'View PDF' and scroll down to 3.3 Fixed Charges.

You will see that all the assets of 1921 are covered by the Charge, including Brunton Park, fixtures, fittings, plant, machinery, office equipment, vehicles, all money in bank accounts etc. In short if it is a 1921 asset it is covered by the Charge. If it becomes a 1921 asset it becomes covered by the Charge.

We know that under this ownership in normal trading terms 1921 substantially leaks money and that the EWM loan has been permanently capped. We know that the best business brains in Cumbria refuse to have anything to do with the club whilst this ownership is in place. The current monthly 'football fortune' payments have an end date. At that point, even with supporters being allowed to attend matches 1921 will still have a debt of almost £3 million and be once again making serious losses. But even before that occurs the EWM Liquidator can enforce repayment of that £3 million by simply enforcing the terms of the Charge.

Anyone who believes that this ownership has done and is doing well probably believes that aliens have landed on the moon and kidnapped Shergar and Elvis.
    Last edited by The_Clap; 13-11-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)