+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus

Coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-data-suggests

Infection rate seems to be slowing and was doing so just before the lockdown, possibly the delayed result of the tier system that came into effect earlier.
    Last edited by Kessler; 14-11-2020 at 08:42 AM.

It’s a beginning. Most will have seen that I have a 102 year old mother in a care home and my thoughts are for her and my sister who is older than me with underlying health problems. Luckily I can still see Mum as the home bend over backwards to offer a safe environment where visits can happen, but I would give that up for a few weeks if hat would help ensure her safety. Problem is, as Mullen’s said, other services have slipped and that’s a major concern. I just want the virus to be held in check until a dependable vaccine is available, even if that means a Christmas at home with just Mrsgriff for company. Oh, and all the partying muppets to be exiled to a remote island for a year. They’ll likely be fine, but so will the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-data-suggests

Infection rate seems to be slowing and was doing so just before the lockdown, possibly the delayed result of the tier system that came into effect earlier.
    5000 extra heart related deaths, than average, since March.

I do think the restrictions are necessary mullen but it shouldn't mean ignoring other deaths, and I would also like to see a coherent plan for how we can get back to normal eventually.

I did in March but not now.

Lockdowns just push it further down the road.
    You know my thoughts on masks, they don’t work and means people have a false sense of security, don’t do the other things and think there invincible.

I won’t wear them, just useless. We had 33k cases yesterday and 27k today so they all can’t be non mask users.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ckdown-protest

14 arrested at anti lockdown protest in Bristol.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)