+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Ripper - there's now no Yorkshire ripper!

Yorkshire Ripper - there's now no Yorkshire ripper!

Yesterday was my Birthday, and the best news I had all day was that Peter Fecking Sutcliffe has shuffled off to Hell hopefully.
    Hard to describe those times in the last 70's living in Leeds, I was stopped and questioned twice cos I had a tach at the time [As virtually all men - and some women had at the time - Had to pick my wife up from work and wouldn't let any girl we knew walk home alone after a night in the pub, IOt really is hard to describe the fear women had esspecially on those long dark winters nights - and this went on for five years!

Still glad to hear he died alone and miserable.

Should have brought hanging back just for him ..He's lived far far too long at the tax Payers expense .Hopefully the relations of the poor murdered women will get some closure now..

Not sure exactly what any country thinks is gained by letting someone like this live out their days while being given free food, shelter and medical care.

and our rulers wonder why we have so little faith in them.

His wife was strange too - Sonia Sutcliffe also had diagnosed schizophrenia and was described as the most irritating, strangest and coldest person one could ever have met.She made money from his crimes too after his conviction - all shockingly sad.

Living in Leeds at that time with several victims of his slain within a mile of our home still sends a shiver down my spine today.I just hope nobody is wanting to 'cash in' on the horrific account of those upsetting events -
    Sadly I suspect their was possibly more victims of his in crimes never solved too.

Condolences again to all the victims families & close friends.

Rot in hell you vile piece of sh1t
    Last edited by Rev72; 14-11-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Yesterday was my Birthday, and the best news I had all day was that Peter Fecking Sutcliffe has shuffled off to Hell hopefully.
    Hard to describe those times in the last 70's living in Leeds, I was stopped and questioned twice cos I had a tach at the time [As virtually all men - and some women had at the time - Had to pick my wife up from work and wouldn't let any girl we knew walk home alone after a night in the pub, IOt really is hard to describe the fear women had esspecially on those long dark winters nights - and this went on for five years!

Still glad to hear he died alone and miserable.
    Horrid times indeed - remember as a kid being worried every time my mum was late home. Good riddance to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Rot in hell you vile piece of sh1t
    WTF I didn't do anything this time rev? Nasty.
    Remember this but I thought his wife was in on it also and got the same jail term. Am I thinking of another couple?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    WTF I didn't do anything this time rev? Nasty.
    Remember this but I thought his wife was in on it also and got the same jail term. Am I thinking of another couple?
    Different couple,( I think). You are referring to Fred and Rosemary West, who were certainly both "in" in the killings of a number of young women, but at their home, not "stalked" as in the case of Sutcliffe.

As to the situation at the time, grew up in Wakefield in the early-mid 70's, and there was never a feeling of terror or threat, top of Westgate every Friday/Saturday, Yates', Black Horse, Rooftop Gardens etc, was awash with young people just having a good time. Maybe those few miles made the difference, who knows.

Glad he is gone, and would have been happy to pull the lever on the hangmans drop if given the chance.

Why on earth they stop killing these creeps I'll never know. The excuse they are using is just in case we have the wrong man.
    Even in the USA, they conflict some have the hanging offence rule and other's don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Why on earth they stop killing these creeps I'll never know. The excuse they are using is just in case we have the wrong man.
    Even in the USA, they conflict some have the hanging offence rule and other's don't.
    Nothing to do with "mistakes of justice", Oz, simply that (at least in the UK) there is no death penalty (even for treason, the last offence it applied to). no matter how certain the guilt, or heinous the crime. Sutcliffe, the Moors Murderers (male and female), the Wests, countless others, no guilt was contested, but life imprisonment was the "best" that society thought permissible. "Walk a mile in my shoes" sayeth the families of those killed by monsters, then protect the monsters from true justice. I suspect most would die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)