+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens versus Alloa Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Without sounding like a record that is stuck for the last 3 seasons, - why risk Sir Stephen at 2-0 with the match in your pocket?

He needs as much protection as possible and I was very saddened to see him taken off injured.

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about, - but it should be a timely reminder to a very experienced manager to protect our talisman and let the youngsters do all the running.
    AJ clearly is not a fan of using substitutes for some bizarre reason and only really does when forced through injuries or when running the clock down during the final few minutes of a match. I guess he will not be a supporter of increasing the number of substitutes available from the bench then?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Without sounding like a record that is stuck for the last 3 seasons, - why risk Sir Stephen at 2-0 with the match in your pocket?

He needs as much protection as possible and I was very saddened to see him taken off injured.

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about, - but it should be a timely reminder to a very experienced manager to protect our talisman and let the youngsters do all the running.
    Very true the manager needs to look after Dobbs & give some young players a chance on the pitch when the game should be won. Only way the younger players will progress is by playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    AJ clearly is not a fan of using substitutes for some bizarre reason and only really does when forced through injuries or when running the clock down during the final few minutes of a match. I guess he will not be a supporter of increasing the number of substitutes available from the bench then?
    Has already indicated he thinks 3 subs is enough and I definitely agree with him on that one 5 subs certainly benifits the bigger clubs with big squads... Only thing is he doesn't seem to want to play any subs unless it's forced upon him, don't like that yous the squad....

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Another classic example of AJ not bringing on substitutes was our recent victory over Queens Park at Hampden Park. We were in complete control and he could of brought on a few of the young lads and gave them some much needed game time along with the added experience of playing at our National Stadium.

His man management skills continue to disappoint and I’m glad we have players like Stephen Dobbie and Wullie Gibson who have been there for certain young lads to pass on some help and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post

His man management skills continue to disappoint and I’m glad we have players like Stephen Dobbie and Wullie Gibson who have been there for certain young lads to pass on some help and advice.
    AJ has NO man management skills ask any former players or former players from other clubs he has managed. He is certainly not a manager that gets the best out of his players....

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    AJ has NO man management skills ask any former players or former players from other clubs he has managed. He is certainly not a manager that gets the best out of his players....

so what your saying is queens need better quality of management ,speak to hewitson as magic is his yes man puppet .i wouldnt like to work under the restraints magic has to work under nor would i put up with it ,the chairmans door would be getting bashed down everytime the team lost .

we can use covid 19 as an excuse maybe for this seasons budgets but what were those excuses for the last 3 or 4 seasons before covid ,i dont think magic is the man to lead queens forward ,as yous say zero man management skills means he aint got the correct skills to bring the types of players to a higher level that queens budgets allow for ,if queens want to persist with relegation type budgets thay need a top old school man at the top that has the gift of man to man management and giving the team high moral ,for magic to succeed he would need double possibly treble queens current budget .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 28-11-2020 at 04:26 AM.

Just a wee reminder that the game versus INVERNESS C. T. is on TV on FRIDAY as Palmerston Patter in D and G Standard
    has it down as a Saturday game.
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 28-11-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Anybody - why are there no games in the top two divisions today?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Anybody - why are there no games in the top two divisions today?
    League cup fixture clash.

Thanks Spike 👍

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)