+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Queens versus Alloa Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    so what your saying is queens need better quality of management ,speak to hewitson as magic is his yes man puppet .i wouldnt like to work under the restraints magic has to work under nor would i put up with it ,the chairmans door would be getting bashed down everytime the team lost .

we can use covid 19 as an excuse maybe for this seasons budgets but what were those excuses for the last 3 or 4 seasons before covid ,i dont think magic is the man to lead queens forward ,as yous say zero man management skills means he aint got the correct skills to bring the types of players to a higher level that queens budgets allow for ,if queens want to persist with relegation type budgets thay need a top old school man at the top that has the gift of man to man management and giving the team high moral ,for magic to succeed he would need double possibly treble queens current budget .
    Francis, I'm not the only one that sounds like a record that's stuck, - but when it comes to budgets you really do take the biscuit.

What about Neil Lennon? An almost unlimited budget at his disposal, - playing against teams not that much better than Queens, - and he's had one hell of a season.

I do agree with you about man management though, - and with almost no budget you can motivate players to give their all. Livingston was the best example of that in recent seasons, - although since Dykes departed, - they've nose dived.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, I'm not the only one that sounds like a record that's stuck, - but when it comes to budgets you really do take the biscuit.

What about Neil Lennon? An almost unlimited budget at his disposal, - playing against teams not that much better than Queens, - and he's had one hell of a season.

I do agree with you about man management though, - and with almost no budget you can motivate players to give their all. Livingston was the best example of that in recent seasons, - although since Dykes departed, - they've nose dived.
    I am still waiting for the mystery investors, who seem to have miraculously disappeared from the scene, to knock on the Chairman's door offering their assistance Jardi. Are you aware of these potential investors?

I note everyone is saying the manager has no management skills, yet when he was here before the dressing room was well known to be the best changing room in the league. And that was without Dobs or Willie Gibson. Maybe Francis is right. Maybe time to start looking above the manager and start looking at what's available to him to get in instead of blaming a manager that is fighting with one arm tied behind his back, and it's been like that since Mr Hewitson took post

lol you use lennon as an excuse yes he has had a decent budget and bought in 3 or 4 players around the 5 mil mark each i applaud the celtic chairman for giving him these budgets butwhere its went wrong is he has spent it on utter dross players that ajeti and the greek goalie ffs you couldnae make these 2 flops up i wouldnt trust lennon with 5 quid never mind a decent budget .

lets use beilsa the leeds united manager as an example instead of lennon jardi hows that ,this shows the good side of having a decent budget to play with ,a very good crafty manager and spends his budget on the right players ,why always highlight the negative examples of chairmen giving managers a fighting chance budget jardi .i respect what you and spike and co say about our current regime they obviously aint got the clout to run a competitive championship club or they just dont want to spend there own cash one or the other ,lets also take queens park as an example check out there chairman on social media jardi ,he says queenspark wont ever be in a gretna situation he wants queens park to get back to there hayday big team status days and ensured the club can never go into any debt or ever be in any debt when hes incharge and after he leaves no debt will be to do with the club ,everything he spends is gifted to the club not loaned ,i have the upmost respect for this man thats what it takes to run a competitive club .

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I note everyone is saying the manager has no management skills, yet when he was here before the dressing room was well known to be the best changing room in the league. And that was without Dobs or Willie Gibson. Maybe Francis is right. Maybe time to start looking above the manager and start looking at what's available to him to get in instead of blaming a manager that is fighting with one arm tied behind his back, and it's been like that since Mr Hewitson took post

your spot on fatfan with this post ,but we must remember magic when he first got the queens job he inherited a very decent bunch of young lads and started it from the league 1 ,which gave his young team time to gel and develop a good playing style while playing lesser opponents ,this time hes came in to very poor squads ,catastrophic budgets ,i just dont think magic has the qualities to make queens better with what he has at his disposal ,i feel sorry for him in that respect .

your spot on fatfan with this post ,but we must remember magic when he first got the queens job he inherited a very decent bunch of young lads and started it from the league 1 ,which gave his young team time to gel and develop a good playing style while playing lesser opponents ,this time hes came in to very poor squads ,catastrophic budgets ,i just dont think magic has the qualities to make queens better with what he has at his disposal ,i feel sorry for him in that respect .
    Francis I agree but on the flip side of the coin he is maybe getting the best out of a very poor squad which has been assembled with very little cash.

lets use beilsa the leeds united manager as an example instead of lennon jardi hows that ,this shows the good side of having a decent budget to play with ,a very good crafty manager and spends his budget on the right players ,why always highlight the negative examples of chairmen giving managers a fighting chance budget jardi .i respect what you and spike and co say about our current regime they obviously aint got the clout to run a competitive championship club or they just dont want to spend there own cash one or the other ,lets also take queens park as an example check out there chairman on social media jardi ,he says queenspark wont ever be in a gretna situation he wants queens park to get back to there hayday big team status days and ensured the club can never go into any debt or ever be in any debt when hes incharge and after he leaves no debt will be to do with the club ,everything he spends is gifted to the club not loaned ,i have the upmost respect for this man thats what it takes to run a competitive club .
    I’m not sure we’d be a championship side without the so called current regime. Love him or loathe him Hewitson stepped in and saved the day when we couldn’t pay a hefty tax/vat bill. He purchased that piece of land next to Palmerston and that saved the day.

He’s also not as careless with his money at old Davie Rae thankfully.

Loved Davie's half - time interview especially when the reporter asked the BBC female match analyst a question and before she
    could open her mouth Davie answered it - you know !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)