+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep or get shot

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He's lucky the fans aren't allowed in.
    Why though Zip. Those that still go buy into Ashley's running of the club and that goes for shìte managers like Bruce and same quality of player. Its not loyalty to the club. Not after 13 years of this bollox.
    The crowd now are obsessed with staying up as much as Ashley is, the lack of running the club properly and investing and using the money the club makes gets lost with them as long as we don't finish in the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Why though Zip. Those that still go buy into Ashley's running of the club and that goes for shìte managers like Bruce and same quality of player. Its not loyalty to the club. Not after 13 years of this bollox.
    The crowd now are obsessed with staying up as much as Ashley is, the lack of running the club properly and investing and using the money the club makes gets lost with them as long as we don't finish in the bottom 3.
    I actually thought of you when I wrote that, Geordie. To an extent-a large extent-I agree with you, But, I still think there are a lot of fans who are still going despite the way they feel about Ashley and the way he's running the club. I know the two positions, in many ways, are incompatible-it took me long enough to say 'enough is enough' before i realised I couldn't continue to do both-but some fans haven't crossed that line yet. For me, that doesn't mean that they'd like what they'd be seeing and I think they'd make their feelings known.

Bruce is an Ashley manager. If Bruce goes Ashley will employ another useless yes man. If you said to the 52000 that love the day out more than the club, stay away for a season and Ashley will be gone for good and say for example the Saudis will take over. I guarantee every home game would have a 52000 attendance.
    Ashley can do whatever he wants and he knows it and its been proved over 13 years.
    As for the thread, ASM, Wilson and Dubravka are good enough and at a push Fernández and Miggy might get a game elsewhere in the PL. Our best centre half is out on loan.

It’s a very thorny issue. What should a true supporter be doing now? - staying away in protest to the complete mis management of the club or keep supporting the team from the stands and cheering them on in these grim times.
    My opinion is that the supporters who truly love the club are not going to the games anymore. All of these will be back in a shot when Ashley leaves. They also had brilliant days out on match day but have been prepared to give it up and it’s been heart wrenching. Many ‘support the team and not the regime’ supporters simply aren’t prepared to make a sacrifice.
    The 10,000 seats issue was critical. If it wasn’t for that then Ashley could say he’s filling the ground and so he’s right in the way he’s running NUFC (and he would be right too!). The ONLY way the fans can force a positive change is to stop going to the games. The way Ashley responded to the 10,000 empty seats and the way the punditry scum closed ranks on the issue showed how much it hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)