+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who remembers the Anglo Italian Cup?

Who remembers the Anglo Italian Cup?

Was it a friendly gaz?

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Was it a friendly gaz?
    they didn't like getting beat by l'il 'ol swindon did em

We won it twice in a row too

I remember the Anglo Italian Cup,Notts was runners up one season and then won it the following season back in the 90's,was that clip from 1970 when Swindon went 0-3 up and there was riots gaz?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I remember the Anglo Italian Cup,Notts was runners up one season and then won it the following season back in the 90's,was that clip from 1970 when Swindon went 0-3 up and there was riots gaz?
    Yes coco I right old tear up. I must say this was a couple of seasons before I started following Swindon

We were in it one year, beat Roma and were unbeaten overall but went out for some reason, probably because the Eyties would have cried or summat.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Yeah we were in the same group with Notts County & Derby, then the following season we were paired with Middlesbrough & Grimsby. And then thankfully it was scrapped.