+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luton away 21/11/20

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I think we should have all but evans and travis back.
    Fingers crossed on kaminski.
    Williams confirmed as missing on Sat.
    Ayala is still missing on Sat, from that one half game.
    Holtby is confirmed as missing on Sat. Why should we stand between him and him being back in Germany every other week. Its not like we pay his wages or anything. He is another out from Sat's important game. I think he had Covid about a month ago, so is probably still 'recovering' bless him.
    Kaminski is only 50/50. That's a concern.
    Nyambe got injured in the ****ing warm up for Namibia. He is OUT. All that way to get injured. At a time we have so many injuries. Perfect timing that Ryan, hope it was worth it.

We still have over half a team out. So we aren't just missing all the long term injuries. We have a whole team out injured with various nothing things.

And instead of our club captain being around the club and improving his appalling start to our season, he decided going to sit on Eire's bench for an international friendly and not playing again was a better idea.

Its a bit of a shambles.

Admittedly we are thinner than I expected us to be.
    Kaminski is still the big one for me.
    He is absolutely key for us and adds stability to a constantly changing defence.
    Kaminski
    Costello lenihan Wharton Douglas
    That isn't too shabby,any more injuries and we really are in trouble.

It's just a case of, where is Holtby? What is William's doing? When will they be back and they are needed.
    I thought Wharton had a decent enough game and has surprised me a bit. I dont mind him getting a chance. Its Lenihan I'm more concerned about. Hopefully the keeper is fit and can play, although I think Pears is ok too.
    Is he even fit & ready? Who knows, my guess is probably not for some unknown reason or another.
    The midweek game after is the one that is bad, as we still need to start picking up points as the games come thick & fast. If we lose more players on Sat then it affects that next game. Not sure what's more important at the mo. Getting points or not losing half a team most weeks.

Team guesses, anyone?

Pears (although there might be a slight bluff going on with Kaminski)
    Rankin-Costello Lenihan Wharton Douglas
    Buckley Johnson Rothwell
    Elliott Armstrong Brereton

Exactly the team I expect aucks.
    Kaminski is hopefully getting himself sharp and ready.
    Nothing against pears but we are so much better with kaminski in goal.
    Buckley still holds question Marks for me.
    There is no doubting his ability and can change a game but he can also get bullied quite easily.
    Luton will look to stall,bully and generally make it a uncomfortable experience for us.

That said I am not sure who else I would have in the team to replace Buckley.
    Trybull looks ok but I think mowbray is uncertain of where to slot him in.
    His natural position is centrally alongside another but Johnson has looked good(most of the time)this season.
    Luton and Preston will go long against us to try and catch us out,much like reading did.
    The high press along with a front 3,works well if the team you are playing is prepared to play.
    Both teams will play dirty and resort to constant lumping it forward,which I feel will nullify our high press.

I had the match on but was also busy with other things. Considering the ref it was a good result. I hate players that think they're submarines and we have some of the worst.
    Dive, dive, dive

Random reactions.

We played really well in the last 20 minutes.
    Until then, it was frustratingly stop-start.
    Fussy, inconsistent referee and a midfield stalemate.
    Gallagher for a midfielder was a bold call, but it worked.
    I really thought we were going to snatch a winner in the that final quarter.
    I wasn't impressed by Trybull.
    We missed Holtby.
    Another long-term injury with Joe R-C? If so, good to see Nyambe fit to come on.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Random reactions.

We played really well in the last 20 minutes.
    Until then, it was frustratingly stop-start.
    Fussy, inconsistent referee and a midfield stalemate.
    Gallagher for a midfielder was a bold call, but it worked.
    I really thought we were going to snatch a winner in the that final quarter.
    I wasn't impressed by Trybull.
    We missed Holtby.
    Another long-term injury with Joe R-C? If so, good to see Nyambe fit to come on.
    I've not seen anything from Trybull understand why we got him.
    Where was Lenihan for their goal. And our LB. Who also isnt really improving us. Abd is no better or worse than Bell.
    Of course we suffered another long term injury. That's now expected per game.

To be fair, Champs, their goal had a strong element of luck to it.
    The first Luton player was clearly shaping to shoot, but when he slipped, the ball skidded forward unexpectedly.
    Excellent reactions by the scorer, though.
    I was really pleased by Gallagher's goal. Going in where it hurts and getting a foot on the ball is something we've seen far too little of.
    I know you weren't a great fan of Graham's but at his best, that was what he provided for us - especially when Mulgrew was taking the set-pieces.
    A question for everybody.
    If Dack DOES come back, fit and sharp, whose place is he going to take?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)