+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luton away 21/11/20

Luton away 21/11/20

The start of a tough run.
    Will we have enough players back to cope?

I think we should have all but evans and travis back.
    Fingers crossed on kaminski.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I think we should have all but evans and travis back.
    Fingers crossed on kaminski.
    I hope that's right, Robin.
    And Dack only a month away too!

I wouldn't be surprised to see dack on the bench sooner than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see dack on the bench sooner than a month.
    Just offering my humble opinion.
    I feel anyone believing Dack will return to anything like the same player will be severely disappointed. I most certainly hoping Rovers are not pinning all their hopes on this.
    It will be 12 months since he last kicked a ball.
    He will face 6 months of small niggling injuries you get after such a long lay off.
    I have seen world class players such as Shearer unable to return to being the same player. Lots of players struggle to return after missing a whole year. He had a terrible injury.
    If he had a chance of fully recovering, he would actually have returned 2 months ago.
    The club are not saying it, but something HAS gone wrong with his knee. He is way behind where he should be.

Is is heart in this anymore? He put himself under undue pressure agreeing to star alongside his Mrs in that pathetic TV programme. Is he good enough to have that distraction. For me no.
    If he was solely concentrating on his career and the club, he would not be filling his life up with TV shows.
    You do that when you retire.

You simply do not agree to this TV distraction midway through a career threatening injury.

I fear if he loses a yard of pace, which he will, then he will never be the same player. If he attitude is not 100% he will not recover.
    Far better footballers than Dack have never quite made the recovery back into football. So I am doubting what if any, impact this lad will have. And it worries me that fans are expecting the same Bradley Dack to pull a shirt on in early Dec and start finding the same form as 12 months ago.
    He had a terrible injury. He has been out alot longer than they expected. His heart will not be in this due to other non footballing commitments. And we have likely lost one of only a few potential sources of revenue.

I am happy to be proven wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I hope that's right, Robin.
    And Dack only a month away too!
    I know I get told off for my negativity. And I get why.
    My issue is, we only haven't suffered more injuries because we have not played.

Can anyone name one game this season we haven't lost on average one player? I can't.
    Then during the week in between games, we lose 2 or 3 players to Covid.

We have had an appalling record with injuries. Recovery from injuries in well over 18 months now.
    It falls away from coincidence into something more concerning when you get as many as we do.
    While it looks rosey now, once everyone returns, give it a weekend game, then a midweek game, we will be looking at the loss of another 5 or 6 first team players. Then we will lose another 5 or 6 Covid. Because that has happened every week all season and into last season.

Factor into that, we also lose players like Williams for a spell who didn't even play a game but caught Covid away with Ireland it all starts to build up.
    Is it all down to bad luck?

Lenihan won't play for Ireland in the next game he has been called up to. But he will go. He will be away. He will put himself at risk.Why? For a friendly in Ireland he wont even start the match. Its all a bit of a joke.

Dack played for 45 minutes in a friendly against Sheffield United today

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Dack played for 45 minutes in a friendly against Sheffield United today
    his latest TV show aired last night too. I just hope he is 100% focused on his football career.

Champs - I think we all know the dangers of such injuries, in respect to the long-term.
    To supply a more optimistic note, though, at a much lower level of sport, I have a personal story which might help.
    As a result of a very dangerous tackle on a rugby pitch, I tore two ligaments at the same time in my left knee. (Neither was completely severed, luckily). I was 32 at the time. By a fortunate coincidence, my surgeon was also the doctor for Ipswich Town FC. After three months in a full plaster, I was given various opinions, including several that I would/should never play again. Being pig-headed, I chose to listen only to that surgeon because he said I was no more at risk of doing it again than anyone else.
    I asked him what it would take to return to fitness, and he replied, "Bloody hard work and patience."
    He also said I would know I was ready when I could touch my bum with my heel. (It was all much less scientific in those days!).
    The last inch took a long time!
    Anyway, I was back on the pitch in eight months, and I went on playing rugby until I was 47. For much of that period, I played rugby on Saturday and football on Sunday (not to mention cricket twice a weekend, all through the summer!).
    What I'm really saying is that the impact is different for different people.
    I have never had a day's trouble with that knee in all the years since. And, of, course, Dack will have had much better treatment than me.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 19-11-2020 at 04:52 AM.

That's a great story Aucks, and of course, there are always going to be success stories. And its testimony to you that you worked so hard getting back.
    I feel top professional sportsmen all need to be at 100%. Even if they are 90% its extremely noticeable.
    You have to have such an attitude to get back especially if you have missed 12 months. That's my main concern.
    He has a life he will be happy with, and a Mrs he follows around like a little lost puppie.
    I do get the feeling this lad loves football.
    I also get the feeling he is not 100% focused on his career.
    You have to be coming back 100% and have no excuses.
    This TV programme is an issue for me.
    If he comes back and struggles, the first thing I will say it concentrate on football then. You clearly have too many other distractions. He is leaving himself wide open, and also open to criticism.
    Personally, the TV issue is secondary to the main one. He has suffered a whole year out. Not convinced he will be the same. I hope I am wrong. But I have seen how this story ends numerous times, with much better players than him, who where focused on their career, who didn't make it back properly.

And as for the facilities they all have. We have a Grade A Premier league facility. For training, for injuries, for recovery.
    We must also have one of the worst injury lists in all of the 92 clubs. By quite a long way.
    We have no excuses. But use them all the same.
    They all have everything they ever need. We are still missing half match day squad every time we play.

Take your pick on Sat which load it will be. Williams has an appalling injury record. He will be one ......
    Ayala has been injury prone his entire career. And poor the other half. Every Boro fan I know told me that. They didn't let him go because he was trustworthy and decent. He will be another ......
    Rothwell is a slight person, he always seems to have something wrong. That's another.
    Evans is injured more than he is fit, that's another .....
    If Lenihan isn't injured he will be close to a suspension, that will be another .....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)