+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Halifax Town 17.11.20 [NL]

Don't post here often these days but just wanna say I am fuming after watching the Halifax stream.

We take the lead with a great move and finish, then we spend the rest of the game failing to finish the game off. They had multiple chances even though they are one of the worst teams in the league for scoring goals, and frankly look Sunday league at times. Despite this we failed to control the game throughout, despite our players clearly being objectively better. We failed to take the chances we had to finish the game off and surprise surprise, it comes back to bite us in the end, when we concede through sheer defensive incompetence.

The worst part about their goal was the predictability of it. I'm tired of excuses, individual errors and us not living up to the names in our team. I want action now, Ardley.
    Last edited by SlockyNCFC; 17-11-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    We are a very poor team with a truly awful manager. It should not be this way.

The Danes have got to take action before this season is a write off. Enough is enough

Good way to throw 3 points away Notts, but it's difficult to argue that Halifax didn't deserve something. You're right, either we're a very average team, or we have a poor manager, or possibly both.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    To be fair he did have to pick the ball out of the net after our goal too. We're winning fgs.
    I’m not disputing that although as I type we have just thrown it away.

The point I was making is that for me it’s unacceptable to only have one or two meaningful opportunity on goal in an entire game regardless.

The warning signs have been there all night and once again an individual error has cost us the game. I really was hoping that we would be saying who cares how we’ve played we’ve got the three points.

But this is why we are quickly losing sight of first place because we’ve dropped another two points due to our own mistakes again and lack of ability to put a game to bed and kill teams off.

We should be going to places like Halifax and giving them a game not playing to nick a win or get a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Another poor performance. I thought we were about to get away with a lucky win, which would have been due to Halifax’s dreadful finishing. But with seconds left, we manage to chuck away two points with yet another defensive error - typical Notts.
    Ardley does not know how to win. He hasn't known for years. He is on a massive downward spiral and he's taking us with him. We need a new manager to turn things around because this guy does not have a clue.

Abbott can go too. He was the most bizarre appointment, i have absolutely no idea what Notts were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Good way to throw 3 points away Notts,
    Well 2 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Frustrating as hell but an away point.
    The first three words resonate with me much more than the last four.

Only saw the last 30 minutes but it didn't look good.

Not sure what Ardley is supposed to do about that defending apart from not get Turner anywhere near the team.. Having said that, had Roberts scored that opportunity it wouldn't have mattered!

Quote Originally Posted by SlockyNCFC View Post
    I'm tired of excuses and individual errors. I want action now, Ardley.
    Did you miss the word 'out' from the end of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    My missus says thanks.

To be honest though, there's no excusing Turner for that. We weren't pulling up any trees with our performance tonight, but when you're 1-0 up with a minute left, you should be able to rely on a veteran centre-half to do the right things.

Reminds me of Graeme Hogg against Southend in the early nineties, passing it back to Jason Kearton when he should have put it in Row Z.

Ardley: "Obviously I'm guttted and emotions run wild.... They feel worse, they've run themselves into the ground for the 3 points.... always happens when things are tough...... every mistake gets punished..... not great but better (than Aldershot).... 2nd half tried to be more aggressive higher up the pitch..... we battled we won battled we gave everything boys are exhausted in there..... you can try too hard and we didn't play well because of that...... I can't give the feeling of winning a game to the players until they've done it..... it's a car crash of a goal"

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast