+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Halifax Town 17.11.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    you can try too hard and we didn't play well because of that......
    Were those really his words?

If they were, saying that we didn't win because we were trying too hard actually beats the long grass at Dover as an excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Is this what he actually said or what you think he will say?
    Those are the main points I could pick out from his interview tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Ardley: "Obviously I'm guttted and emotions run wild.... They feel worse, they've run themselves into the ground for the 3 points.... always happens when things are tough...... every mistake gets punished..... not great but better (than Aldershot).... 2nd half tried to be more aggressive higher up the pitch..... we battled we won battled we gave everything boys are exhausted in there..... you can try too hard and we didn't play well because of that...... I can't give the feeling of winning a game to the players until they've done it..... it's a car crash of a goal"
    Pretty much what I heard. Of course, what a manager says in public isn't always what he's said in the dressing room.

However, when one of your most senior professionals throws the game away like that, it's 'kick arses' time, not 'arm around the shoulder' and 'sympathy' time. Imagine Neil Warnock or Sam Allardyce in the dressing room after that. You wouldn't get them down off the ceiling for a week. And every player in the dressing room would make bloody sure they didn't make the same error again, if they wished to live.

Is this what he actually said or what you think he will say?
    That's what he actually said. He also said that there isn't a 'Blame culture at Notts', bloody good job really or Ardley might well cop for a large slice of it.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Only saw the last 30 minutes but it didn't look good.

Not sure what Ardley is supposed to do about that defending apart from not get Turner anywhere near the team.. Having said that, had Roberts scored that opportunity it wouldn't have mattered!
    Obviously individually for Ben Turner he will be gutted, but we can't hide from the fact that we were just not good enough in the final third or create enough chances all night. When you take the lead in the 6th minute that gives you another 84 minutes to get the second goal and put the game to bed.

We also need to remember we are in tier five for the first time in our history and are the biggest team in this league. It's about time we started approaching games with this mindset and display the minerals and fire in our bellies to back this up and put teams to the sword, and stop being so timid and shy away from home in the final third.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

If they were, saying that we didn't win because we were trying too hard actually beats the long grass at Dover as an excuse!
    I'm typing as he speaks, so it's not easy to keep up, it's possible I miss-heard. The video should be up on Facebook or youtube by tomorrow.

Who didn't expect them to equalize? serious question
    I expected them to equalise AND go on to win as the game only looked like going one way. But by the time we got into deep injury time still leading and win a free kick near the corner flag, you'd like to think we should be able to hold on for 3pts.

Quote Originally Posted by SlockyNCFC View Post
    I'm holding off for now but I can't deny I am not far off that viewpoint. You look at the players we have and we should be so, so much better than the insipid tripe I watched tonight.
    That's pretty much been my view for 18 months.

WITH THE SQUAD WE HAVE, WE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER.

Just for laddo, the shouting was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Not his exact words, UTM is paraphrasing. Ardley was saying how when you haven't won for a while you get anxious and do things you wouldn't normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That's what he actually said. He also said that there isn't a 'Blame culture at Notts', bloody good job really or Ardley might well cop for a large slice of it.
    I can't quite believe this guy played for the Crazy Gang. No blame culture? Well there should be! Dig people out and make it clear that sloppy standards won't be tolerated.

That's how winning is done Neal.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast