+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln and Luton

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Some Notts fans I know are calling for the Cowley brothers to be installed to get us into the EFL and then D1.
    They'd have my vote. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility either.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yeah I too liked KCs refreshing post. I agree with a lot of that bar the last sentence.

If you are a Notts County fan of more than 10 years then the one thing we do know is we can replace a struggling manager with a worse one. History shows us that

I can't believe you actually typed that CF, has the past 20 years taught us nothing?!
    Ha ha I live in hope mate as we have to do being a Notts fan. I guess I am banking on the Reedtz not making the same mistakes as previous owners. Now the games are coming quicker though maybe we'll get some rhythm going like the second half of last season, that's what I'm hoping for.

That's what we are all banking on, and that's what the vast majority but not everyone is hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    They'd have my vote. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility either.
    I remember when we played Lincoln and a lot of fans were calling them blind,nasty individuals always moaning at the ref and lino etc.
    Mind you I would love to see them here.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I remember when we played Lincoln and a lot of fans were calling them blind,nasty individuals always moaning at the ref and lino etc.
    Mind you I would love to see them here.
    That's usually the case just look at Warnock on the sidelines hardly a saint for any club his managed but loved if he's your guy ranting and raving on the sideline.

The only individual I would never want managing Notts is Steve Evans, regardless of his managerial talent I couldn't sit behind him as a fan and witness it associated with my club. He's a ****

There’s as much chance of Ardley dropping Doyle as there is of us getting the Cowleys in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    There’s as much chance of Ardley dropping Doyle as there is of us getting the Cowleys in.
    It frustrates me that the local press don't take Ardley to task on this. Why is a 39 year old playing every minute??

Why has Ardley not been asked why he is persisting with playing out from the back? Or why we don't create chances?

There is such a 'matey' feel between the club and media, epitomised by both Slater and Curtis doing extra curricular commentary on the club's live streams during the friendlies. It's been this way for years, but it is really sychophantic recently. This helps to create a safe environment for Ardley where he can't be touched by criticism... particularly when angry crowds aren't allowed in. Who is holding him to account?

It frustrates me that the local press don't take Ardley to task on this. Why is a 39 year old playing every minute??

Why has Ardley not been asked why he is persisting with playing out from the back? Or why we don't create chances?

There is such a 'matey' feel between the club and media, epitomised by both Slater and Curtis doing extra curricular commentary on the club's live streams during the friendlies. It's been this way for years, but it is really sychophantic recently. This helps to create a safe environment for Ardley where he can't be touched by criticism... particularly when angry crowds aren't allowed in. Who is holding him to account?
    I was thinking this last night. I like Charlie Slater as a commentator, but his interviews are full of softballs to NA. Stall is also a fun sidekick on commentary, but he never analyses the problems this team clearly has (like a decrepit midfield without bite).

I actually thought we went a bit more direct yesterday, with Slocombe frequently knocking it long to Sam or Wootton. The problem is that we weren’t winning the ball or holding it up. It also takes an eternity for our midfield to get up the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I was thinking this last night. I like Charlie Slater as a commentator, but his interviews are full of softballs to NA. Stall is also a fun sidekick on commentary, but he never analyses the problems this team clearly has
    It'd be interesting to hear what they say about Notts' performances in the privacy of the car on the way home!

If we dont do anything about it, We will be stuck in this league for years with this idiot..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast