+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on Brothers Reedtz ?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you and your family have not been well cher.
    May I ask how old are you? Are you in the age range that are most at risk?
    Do you know a large number of people who've had it ,or is this your own experience of it?
    I know of several people that have tested positive for the damn thing,but as yet none of them have been I'll in anyway bar loss of taste etc.
    Now I'm not saying this is the case for everyone at all but it happens to be what I have experienced so far.
    If any of the players were adversely affected like yourself I'm sure the club would inform us they were unavailable for selection at worst .
    As yet I believe all bar one have played and been available for selection.
    So hence I will return to the main substance of this topic for mine and Hot Lips sake.
    Can we stop looking for excuses to absolve Ardley of any responsibility of how poorly we are performing.
    Also Hot Lips I'm on the tablet!
    So I can type so much more easily.
    Nice attempt to get the moderator involved your'e a very passive aggressive person aren't you.
    You are awfull, but I do like you.!
    Muchos grassy arse
    Xxxx
    Thank you for the kind wishes. Most of the answers were in my post. There were five of us in my immediate family, so the experiences, as I said were. not just my own. None of us are in a high risk age range (three are young adults, no-one 60+) nor have any comirbidities. Everyone concerned was fit and healthy, several are fitter than your average person by a considerable margin.

I'd say it's unlikely that all the players who had recently had covid would be back to exactly as they were. They may be able to play, but the extra edge they normally have could well take an age to come back, particularly stamina. Also, Roberts and Lacey are playing with chronic injuries, so have those problems to contend with.

*comorbidities that should say (what was I saying about covid and clumsiness )

Haven't been on here for a while. It's sad to see the level of debate about the manager's future has sunk to passive aggressiveness and name calling. Isn't there a manbags section for that?

MM I've already advised you about contradicting yourself ,especially in the same paragraph.
    However just to be clear for me and others that are confused by your gobbledigook
    What does
    "Covid is no excuse in itself "actually mean ?.
    It means that although I do not feel that at the end of the season (if we are not promoted) we should claim that the reason was Covid, and discount anything else.

However, I do not feel that we can just continue as if Covid has made no difference - see Cher's excellent post.

Now maybe you will answer my question:

Do you think that Covid can have an psychological effects?

Oh, by the way, I think an apology wouldn't be out of order for the 'boyfriend' comment. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It means that although I do not feel that at the end of the season (if we are not promoted) we should claim that the reason was Covid, and discount anything else.

However, I do not feel that we can just continue as if Covid has made no difference - see Cher's excellent post.

Now maybe you will answer my question:

Do you think that Covid can have an psychological effects?

Oh, by the way, I think an apology wouldn't be out of order for the 'boyfriend' comment. Thanks.
    Your contradicting yourself yet again.
    Now either covid is having an effect or isn't, you can't have it both ways.
    Do I think that covid his having a psychological effect on our players the answer us no.
    Unless they have had serious physical conditions bought on by the virus then I believe it wouldn't have any effect physcologically.
    As I've stated already I dont believe our players have caught it to that extent , otherwise they wouldn't be playing 10 days after being tested positive.
    Let's not confuse caution with psychological effects.
    I do apologise for thinking that you were in a relationship with HotLips.
    However it was an easy mistake to make and there is no stigma now days for having such preferences.
    Muchos loveos xxxxxx

Some say sleep deprived, others claimed drugs. But I don't think either can explain Fake Dr Pedro.

NCM is infamous for guesswork and people making huge assumptions in the world of the unknown by the scenes at Meadow Lane but never when it's come to such serious medical matters.

I think maybe someone has stopped taking his meds. By my calculations about 2/3 weeks ago in fact.

If you've been prescribed regular medication from a qualified professional please take them sweetheart as per the recommended dosage of course x

Your contradicting yourself yet again.
    Now either covid is having an effect or isn't, you can't have it both ways.
    Do I think that covid his having a psychological effect on our players the answer us no.
    Unless they have had serious physical conditions bought on by the virus then I believe it wouldn't have any effect physcologically.
    As I've stated already I dont believe our players have caught it to that extent , otherwise they wouldn't be playing 10 days after being tested positive.
    Let's not confuse caution with psychological effects.
    I do apologise for thinking that you were in a relationship with HotLips.
    However it was an easy mistake to make and there is no stigma now days for having such preferences.
    Muchos loveos xxxxxx
    Are you in a position to comment on the physical or psychological effects of covid on others though? No-one you know has had anything other than a lost sense of smell/taste after contracting it. And I'm guessing you don't have any clinical expertise?

Despite 5 of our immediate family contracting it and me have having worked clinically for years, I've no idea how affected each of the players who had covid were. However, it absolutely could have resulted in ongoing (or intermittent) physical and psychological symptoms in one, some or all of them.

Also isn't it time for posters to pack in the snide comments and sign offs. Honestly, most of us gave that up in primary school, everyone's an adult on here and surely can make points without diminishing them with childish jibes (not just you btw)

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Are you in a position to comment on the physical or psychological effects of covid on others though? No-one you know has had anything other than a lost sense of smell/taste after contracting it. And I'm guessing you don't have any clinical expertise?

Despite 5 of our immediate family contracting it and me have having worked clinically for years, I've no idea how affected each of the players who had covid were. However, it absolutely could have resulted in ongoing (or intermittent) physical and psychological symptoms in one, some or all of them.

Also isn't it time for posters to pack in the snide comments and sign offs. Honestly, most of us gave that up in primary school, everyone's an adult on here and surely can make points without diminishing them with childish jibes (not just you btw)
    I'm sure you can read cher so re read my post.
    I have no idea either,but as I've said I suggest the fact that players were picked to play 10 days after testing positive suggests they had no physical side effects.
    Logic would support this as they have continued to play.
    Don't let your own experience cloud the question in hand.
    There are as many who are un harmed by covid as there is that has been made I'll.
    Like you say you have no idea neither do I, I am working on the principle of logic.
    As for psychological effects if they haven't suffered from covid then they would have no psychological effects again logic.
    So applying logic I revert to the origin question or issue.
    People blaming our poor performances on covid and its effects.
    If the club has been effected in other ways than already mentioned then i believe they would say so.
    If all players suffering covid were unfit to play they should say so and have games postponed in the process.
    Again logic
    Yes Cher I am no expert on covid you are correct,but then again neither are you.
    All I have done is apply logic to the situation not given a medical synopsis.
    And to reiterate people using covid as an excuse have as much knowledge and experience about covid as the rest of us.
    To reconfirm I have based my opinion on logic.

I beg to ask why are you so infuriated by childish remarks , why not try rising above them.

I have no idea either,but as I've said I suggest the fact that players were picked to play 10 days after testing positive suggests they had no physical side effects.
    There are as many who are un harmed by covid as there is that has been made I'll.
    Like you say you have no idea neither do I, I am working on the principle of logic.
    As for psychological effects if they haven't suffered from covid then they would have no psychological effects again logic.
    If the club has been effected in other ways than already mentioned then i believe they would say so.
    If all players suffering covid were unfit to play they should say so and have games postponed in the process.
    Again logic
    Yes Cher I am no expert on covid you are correct,but then again neither are you.
    And to reiterate people using covid as an excuse have as much knowledge and experience about covid as the rest of us.

I beg to ask why are you so infuriated by childish remarks , why not try rising above them.
    Firstly I'm not infuriated by the childish remarks, but they diminish the poster's actual - often good - points. It also drives away many people who can't be doing with the bickering and so you can end up with entire threads of people just falling out with each other. In the end we all have a shared passion, and although we have differing views, there's just no need for all the nonsense.

As for covid, we'll have to disagree. I'm not basing anything on just my experience, despite us been unusually unlucky to have so much covid in our family. I've done lots of reading around the subject, for obvious reasons. Also, as I said, I worked clinically for many years so I'd hope to have a reasonable understanding of anatomy and physiology.

The effects of covid on the players are not black and white They may have felt perfectly well, but actually there may be a slight decrease in some of the things that make them good footballers, that they aren't even aware of. So a slight reduction in stamina, sats down by a %age or 2 during a game, slightly less accurate passing (I've become mega clumsy since being ill), a small loss of pace. All of those could happen without a player actually being aware in advance. So I'm afraid I disagree with your 'logic says' argument. Your logic might think something, another person's might think something else

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Firstly I'm not infuriated by the childish remarks, but they diminish the poster's actual - often good - points. It also drives away many people who can't be doing with the bickering and so you can end up with entire threads of people just falling out with each other. In the end we all have a shared passion, and although we have differing views, there's just no need for all the nonsense.

As for covid, we'll have to disagree. I'm not basing anything on just my experience, despite us been unusually unlucky to have so much covid in our family. I've done lots of reading around the subject, for obvious reasons. Also, as I said, I worked clinically for many years so I'd hope to have a reasonable understanding of anatomy and physiology.

The effects of covid on the players are not black and white They may have felt perfectly well, but actually there may be a slight decrease in some of the things that make them good footballers, that they aren't even aware of. So a slight reduction in stamina, sats down by a %age or 2 during a game, slightly less accurate passing (I've become mega clumsy since being ill), a small loss of pace. All of those could happen without a player actually being aware in advance. So I'm afraid I disagree with your 'logic says' argument. Your logic might think something, another person's might think something else
    It seems our logic is at opposition but that's fine.
    I will put on the table that we have performance based stats for training and matchday performances as far as I'm aware.
    I believe these would identify any down turn in Ian individuals performance level.
    I also believe a professional footballer would be aware if he's feeling a bit off ,sluggish or otherwise and with the situation around covid I'm sure they would employ caution along with the club.
    Again only logic and common sence on my reasoning.
    These are not normal times and and I believe caution would be at the forefront of a professional footballers mind when it comes to his health as would most normal people.
    They have access to there own medical team.
    So there we go all reasons why I believe that covid has not or should not have been a part of our poor performances.

Again logic

'As for psychological effects if they haven't suffered from covid then they would have no psychological effects again logic.'

Logic maybe, but logic that does not hold up.

If a player has not got Covid, that does not mean that it does not affect his performance. It is in his mind that 4 / 5 others do have it, he will probably be wondering if he was in close contact with those players and is likely to get it (especially if he also comes into contact with vulnerable people, eg at home).

Here is an example. My son, and others, have had to have tests or self-isolate. I didn't have it, but was certainly wondering while waiting for the test result, 'Was there any way I might have contracted it from them' - even though I know I had taken the right measures, social-distancing etc. Others have told me how they felt while people were waiting for results, or had tested positive. Psychological effect, or maybe I am just paranoid?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast