+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on Brothers Reedtz ?

Even though I am against Ardley being manager and have been for sometime I actually like the fact the Reedtz brothers are quiet the way it should be.

The last thing we need to another "Big Al" !

We thought Ray Trew was bad for running his mouth and over promising then Alan Hardy came along.....

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Could be, but Greg Abbott's return must have set the alarm bells ringing in a lot of heads. Of course, I have no idea what Abbott does or doesn't bring to the club, he could be a real asset for all I know, but from an outsider's point of view that smacked of desperation and results so far would indicate that the gut feeling was spot on.

It's a worry for me now that we'll look back upon Abbott's return in the year's to come as the moment that should have told us what was coming next, in the same way Thompson's return in 2006 was a sign post to further decline and struggle.

A run of good results would change perceptions, but right now, it's not looking good at all.
    Abbott's appointment was absolutely mental. It made no sense. Ardley has never worked with him before and did not know him on a personal level. I can only assume it was a Jason Turner appointment?!

Either way, it is obvious that Abbott had a hand in the signings of Knowles and Chicksen at least. This detracts somewhat from what we were led to believe about our new considered transfer policy built on stats from Football Radar. It also seems as though those signings were a bit panicky. Why were we having to rely on recommendations from our new assistant so late in the window? Just how many players did we miss out on over the Summer? Especially when it had been glaringly obvious that we needed a striker and LB.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Abbott's appointment was absolutely mental. It made no sense. Ardley has never worked with him before and did not know him on a personal level. I can only assume it was a Jason Turner appointment?!

Either way, it is obvious that Abbott had a hand in the signings of Knowles and Chicksen at least. This detracts somewhat from what we were led to believe about our new considered transfer policy built on stats from Football Radar. It also seems as though those signings were a bit panicky. Why were we having to rely on recommendations from our new assistant so late in the window? Just how many players did we miss out on over the Summer? Especially when it had been glaringly obvious that we needed a striker and LB.
    Can’t argue with any of that. It looks as if we have a poorer squad than last season. Why that is, is anyone’s guess.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Even though I am against Ardley being manager and have been for sometime I actually like the fact the Reedtz brothers are quiet the way it should be.

The last thing we need to another "Big Al" !
    It would be fine to have owners who mostly kept a low profile if we had a big character as manager who could inspire belief in the fans as well as the players, even when things are going badly, but we've currently got owners who say next to nothing and a manager that couldn't inspire the last man on Earth to leave the dressing room and set about saving humanity with the heaving mass of nymphomaniacs waiting outside, Ardley would be calming him down. telling him their pubic hair is too long and that he should respect a hand job.

The club feels totally and utterly devoid of ambition right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post

'Why were we having to rely on recommendations from our new assistant'

How do you know that?

What a load of rubbish. Everyone was complaining about Hardy cos he was out there all the time publicly. The owners were praised last season for not doing this even when we were playing well, now all hell breaks loose when we're SEVERN games into the season.
    They were very clear last season was about consolidation, which was music to most peoples ears as a lot of people claimed we were going to relegated. We came 3rd chasing down the leaders with scoring a high amount of goals scored and a very good goal difference.
    This season was about promotion, it's a strange start to the season and we have been hit more than most by covid, look at Yeovil, rock bottom as one of the favorites.
    I imagine the owners are lot more diplomatic than the fans, they work with Ardley and what they saw in their first season was vastly all positive compared to their lower expectations due to the carnage in the summer. Hardy would have sacked Ardley by now, like Nolan last season and we'd be on our third manager before the end of the season and look where that got us, it's time for cool heads,

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What a load of rubbish. Everyone was complaining about Hardy cos he was out there all the time publicly. The owners were praised last season for not doing this even when we were playing well, now all hell breaks loose when we're SEVERN games into the season.
    They were very clear last season was about consolidation, which was music to most peoples ears as a lot of people claimed we were going to relegated. We came 3rd chasing down the leaders with scoring a high amount of goals scored and a very good goal difference.
    This season was about promotion, it's a strange start to the season and we have been hit more than most by covid, look at Yeovil, rock bottom as one of the favorites.
    I imagine the owners are lot more diplomatic than the fans, they work with Ardley and what they saw in their first season was vastly all positive compared to their lower expectations due to the carnage in the summer. Hardy would have sacked Ardley by now, like Nolan last season and we'd be on our third manager before the end of the season and look where that got us, it's time for cool heads,
    Brave.

I agree with you - demanding a statement from the owners at this stage is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    now all hell breaks loose when we're SEVERN games into the season.
    Don't be such a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'Why were we having to rely on recommendations from our new assistant'

How do you know that?
    He basically admitted it! Abbott worked with Knowles at Mansfield and Ardley said that Chicksen was brought in on Abbott's recommendation.

I would have preferred us to go after targets that had been identified throughout the course of last season. Not last minute panics identified by a clown.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast