+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on Brothers Reedtz ?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I would love to know what our owners make of his latest comments in the press "we'll look at the shape of the opposition but if I can't get my group right and motivated, if we can't get that then we probably we won't get the points anyway."

Already making excuses about the inevitable loss to Chesterfield. I've been so unconfident about his ability to defeat a team down in the dumps in all my years supporting Notts to be honest. This guy is getting worse by the day.

He's literally stated that if he can't get his group right and motivated then we probably we won't get the points anyway. There's no excuse in there, it's just reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He's literally stated that if he can't get his group right and motivated then we probably we won't get the points anyway. There's no excuse in there, it's just reality.
    The fact that there is even a doubt they wouldn't be motivated and up for it tells me all I need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What a load of rubbish. Everyone was complaining about Hardy cos he was out there all the time publicly. The owners were praised last season for not doing this even when we were playing well, now all hell breaks loose when we're SEVERN games into the season.
    They were very clear last season was about consolidation, which was music to most peoples ears as a lot of people claimed we were going to relegated. We came 3rd chasing down the leaders with scoring a high amount of goals scored and a very good goal difference.
    This season was about promotion, it's a strange start to the season and we have been hit more than most by covid, look at Yeovil, rock bottom as one of the favorites.
    I imagine the owners are lot more diplomatic than the fans, they work with Ardley and what they saw in their first season was vastly all positive compared to their lower expectations due to the carnage in the summer. Hardy would have sacked Ardley by now, like Nolan last season and we'd be on our third manager before the end of the season and look where that got us, it's time for cool heads,
    Why are people comparing us to Yeovil and the like?
    Because they are doing 5hite is no excuse for us under performing..!
    And why is covid an excuse?
    When players had to be tested to let them know they had the virus!
    Were they all dropping like flies in training?
    NO...They were that severely infected they needed a test to tell them they had it..!
    XXX

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The fact that there is even a doubt they wouldn't be motivated and up for it tells me all I need to know!

About the individual players or the manager? Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well didn’t we do something like this before where we only signed players from a certain agent ?

Not sure I’m keen on this arrangement if honest as Abbott might get a cut of money for recommendations of players, this might be common in football who knows but doesn’t sit right with me as I thought football radar was going to do the bulk of the scouting.

I am aware this is only one player but it is worrying that Ardley/Cox would have drawn up a list and we bring someone in known to Abbott which means either Ardley had scouted him already or that we are listening to Abbott advice too much when he didn’t know the squad we had here.
    Panic stations everyone there is a pandemic happening, one confirmed signing linked to Abbott!!! We must stop this before it gets completely out of control and potentially becomes 2 signings (loan or permanent).

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The reality that the manager is unable to motivate a team he assembled doesn't say a great deal about a very important part of his role or his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Panic stations everyone there is a pandemic happening, one confirmed signing linked to Abbott!!! We must stop this before it gets completely out of control and potentially becomes 2 signings (loan or permanent).
    Not what im saying at all Abbott came to Notts around 20th August and we know two players that came in are known to him Knowles and Chicksen.

At no point have I said any of them are bad players we may have already scouted them who knows.

Abbott has been a failure everywhere he has been since his first spell at Notts and didnt last long at the Stags im struggling to understand why we took him back.

Its not my money or decision though so i'll lose no sleep over it.

Ardley is a man full of excuses I had him figured out after Tranmere away in his first season he didnt inspire me listening to him then and 2 years down the line we are in a far worse place.

As I have said many times over the last few months he is here to stay we just have to ride the season out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    The reality that the manager is unable to motivate a team he assembled doesn't say a great deal about a very important part of his role or his ability.
    Let's not also forget hes now complaining that teams might change their tactics when they play against us.
    It's not fair as we have them watched and train to deal with what we see and now they might change the way they play!
    Words to that effect around chesterfield this weekend..
    Unbelievable jeff,

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

The club feels totally and utterly devoid of ambition right now.
    Sorry but that's ludicrous. They've just signed Cal Roberts on a long term contract and last season signed Wooton. I also think the OP has got confused in his management jargon. I happen to think the fans have never had better communications from the club.
    From the matches I've seen, I don't think the team is fast enough in some areas. Central defense and central midfield.

Let the Halifax goal teach us something, the fact that from an offensive position in the corner of the pitch the Halifax player sprinted past both central defenders. Could be a valuable lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Why are people comparing us to Yeovil and the like?
    Because they are doing 5hite is no excuse for us under performing..!
    And why is covid an excuse?
    When players had to be tested to let them know they had the virus!
    Were they all dropping like flies in training?
    NO...They were that severely infected they needed a test to tell them they had it..!
    XXX
    Two important points are raised here:

'Comparison' to other teams. Is the fact that Yeovil are rock bottom an excuse for us under-performing? No, I don't think, in itself, it is. Having said that, in any organisation, observation is made of where other players are. I am sure that there were plenty of Prem managers who have referred to Liverpool letting in 7 v Villa. That doesn't excuse themselves, but it does look at the wider picture.

At the start of the season, Yeovil, Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham etc. were all being lauded as reasons why we could not achieve automatic promotion. So now, as we look at where we are, there is no problem with looking at how they have performed so far.

Covid. I don't know how the players were affected by this physically, so I am not willing to speculate. Whether they were, or whether there were no symptoms there are other effects, particularly psychological. When there are 4 members of the team out with positive tests, I cannot hold the position that the others would not have been affected. We have heard that 7 or 8 have had positive tests.

So, is the fact that Yeovil are bottom sufficient to say that we can under-perform? No. Is Covid? In itself, no. But when when the bigger picture is looked at these are things which should be considered.

Am I happy with where we are or how we are playing? No!
    Am I totally dejected? No!

Just 3 games ago, nearly at the end of the game we were top of the league as it stood. There is reason for hope, but clearly we need to improve. Is Neal Ardley the one to bring that? I still think so, but, I am not as certain as I was. He really needs to show now that we can step up.

Final question - Am I easily pleased? Maybe. But I'd rather call it 'Overly optimistic'!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast