+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on Brothers Reedtz ?

What is going on Brothers Reedtz ?

A feasibility study is an assessment of the practicality of a proposed project or system. It aims to objectively and rationally uncover the strengths and weaknesses. (Wikipedia)
    Presumably our owners undertook such a study prior to buying the club and based on that formulated a plan of action for “x” years. Judging by results on the pitch their plan is not working and immediate changes should be made to rectify the situation. For any plan to work one must also have the active and positive co-operation of all individuals and parties involved. This is not so in our case on several levels because the fans for example have no say in what is going on, despite being major players in the plan, and are being kept in the dark; no doubt on the basis that the owner’s money does all the talking and we are simply cannon fodder. Summarily, if the owners want to continue to keep us in the dark then as a starter they should not expect us to buy tickets, or pay for streamed matches.
    Secondly and this is not a knee jerk reaction – the manager has failed the club. Under any other circumstances he would have been replaced ages ago. Two reasons are being put up for keeping him:-
    1) Keeping him on is part of the masterplan; whatever that is.
    2) It would be too expensive to fire him.
    I would like a statement from the owners telling us precisely what is going on because if it is too expensive to fire him, then he is clearly bigger than the club and when he finally does go he will do so on his terms not caring what subsequently happens to the club.

... ah, the infamous Directors vote of confidence ploy ... look out for a telephone call Sunday morning, NA ...

I assume you've also directly asked the owners for a statement on their plans ?

Posting on NCM isn't gonna get you very far in your desire not to be in the dark.

Not sure how you can conclude that the manager is bigger than the club? Explain that one to us all

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I assume you've also directly asked the owners for a statement on their plans ?

Posting on NCM isn't gonna get you very far in your desire not to be in the dark.

Not sure how you can conclude that the manager is bigger than the club? Explain that one to us all
    🙄🙄🙄

I would imagine the silence from the owners is mainly down to them not having overreacted to an admittedly annoying 1-1 draw away from home. Seriously though I suspect they are trying to maintain some kind of stability in this crazy Covid situation.

I’ve always taken Jason’s Turners words as those of the owners. To say they’re keeping fans in the dark is a bit harsh as I feel the communication from the club to the fans has been largely excellent since they’ve taken over.

If you’re alluding more to their opinions on the current managerial situation then what do you actually want them to say? You can’t just assume they’re happy with the current situation because they haven’t come out in the press and said so. If their previous actions are anything to go by then I reckon it will be a behind closed doors word to Ardley; which is the way it should be in my opinion.

I’d second that 👍

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I would imagine the silence from the owners is mainly down to them not having overreacted to an admittedly annoying 1-1 draw away from home. Seriously though I suspect they are trying to maintain some kind of stability in this crazy Covid situation.
    Could be, but Greg Abbott's return must have set the alarm bells ringing in a lot of heads. Of course, I have no idea what Abbott does or doesn't bring to the club, he could be a real asset for all I know, but from an outsider's point of view that smacked of desperation and results so far would indicate that the gut feeling was spot on.

It's a worry for me now that we'll look back upon Abbott's return in the year's to come as the moment that should have told us what was coming next, in the same way Thompson's return in 2006 was a sign post to further decline and struggle.

A run of good results would change perceptions, but right now, it's not looking good at all.

Reedtz Out thread?

Too soon?#vivancm

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    If their previous actions are anything to go by then I reckon it will be a behind closed doors word to Ardley; which is the way it should be in my opinion.
    I agree.

As long as that behind closed doors word is 'goodbye'.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast