+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Chesterfield 21.11.20

Chezzie 2 Notts 1

1-1 roberts

Them 3-3 Us

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Chesterfield 0-1 Notts (Wootton)

After finally getting a result prediction right if not the scoreline, I am definitely on a roll now. Chesterfield have lost five out of the last six only beating bottom of the table Yeovil, so this is where our promotion march begins. Ardley gets his tactics right, we keep a clean sheet, we convert our one shot on goal, and laddo cancels his pitchfork order. As Yazz and the plastic population once said, the only way is up.

Saying that, the 13/5 on a Spireites win was too tempting to resist.
    Congratulations on getting your first correct result prediction of the season , you must be absolutely buzzing.

Predict Notts win, bet on Chesterfield so naturally it will be a draw

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Chesterfield 2 - 3 Notts

Roberts, Wootton, Rawlinson.

V.Att.: 1,989
    Chesterfield win drab match 1-0, Notts concede another comical goal. Tick, tock.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Chesterfield win drab match 1-0, Notts concede another comical goal. Tick, tock.
    What excuses are you looking forward to in the post match interview this time?

Chesterfield 3: Hollis, Tyson 2: Notts 0. Ardley, We gave it our all, and were unlucky to concede all 3 goals from set pieces. The pitch had been watered and we were slipping all over the place..

Anxiety goes without saying , Chesterfield had a plan that we worked on all week to combat , they tried very hard against us..they are better than the league table suggests which I knew... grass length could be a problem too..

It could be me, but I'm hearing "I can't" creeping into his post match interviews with increasing regularity. He seems to be basically saying that the players either aren't listening to him or that he is powerless to improve them in the key areas that lead to concessions. It definitely has been a common theme since the play off final defeat that whilst players are 'giving everything' and 'running themsleves into the ground', they aren't following instructions or simply aren't good enough to do what is required of them.

It is the 5th tier, so players will make bad mistakes at this level, but then every opponent is also 5th tier quality. He just doesn't seem to know how to bring out the best in what he's got in order to get results. His interviews could now be summed up in one phrase as "What more can I do?"

Well Swale, I expect Chesterfield had a Game Plan, they were very physical and there was a lot of wind out there.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast