+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday

Happy birthday

I had never heard of Fanny Eaton until she featured today in the marquee headline graphic of A Certain Global Search Engine, but with a name like hers, she deserves to have her anniversary commemorated.

And for those who'd comment "she's nae oil painting, is she?", I'm afraid that she has been captured in that artistic medium (qv).

Name:  eaton.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  56.7 KB

B@stard

I was just going to post the same under the title "Grow up" or something about a childish sense of humour.

There's a brand of toilet roll in Hungary called Fanny, I'm banned from buying it but I can't help it.

Snigger Snigger

It was 1998, and we were in the Carrefour hypermarket in Compiegne buying a few essentials before utilising our Euro passports at a brief check in Calais before crossing the Channel seamlessly into a different European country.

As my holiday rule is ‘we drink the local brew’, I was looking for a bottle of pernod to bring back to allow me to enjoy a leisurely pastis in the driving sleet of an Aberdeen backie during the late summer.

There were dozens of different brands on offer, and my browsing was concluded by the co-owner of the former endowment mortgage shortfall pointing out ‘the very one for you’.

I supped ‘Fanny’-based pastis for months afterwards, but never saw Craig Hignett play in an Aberdeen shirt at that time.

I've tasted a few in my time but have never come across an aniseed flavoured one.

Careful with that second vowel, min.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Careful with that second vowel, min.
    You'd think they could have combined her birthday with International women's day or similar.

a' ken

" ....and now for international women's day, we bring you a Fanny Eaton spectacular"

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    a' ken

" ....and now for international women's day, we bring you a Fanny Eaton spectacular"
    With commentary..." and the much-fancied reigning champion has just been lapped".

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    With commentary..." and the much-fancied reigning champion has just been lapped".
    One of substitutes Israel brought on last night was called Abu Fani...Fanny Eaton Fani?

There's a photie of me somewhere laughing ootside an off licence in Boston Mass called Jobi Liqours .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast