+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ifollow Oxford game

Ifollow Oxford game

Paid the £10 fee for the original fixture. Looking forward to watching game last night and ended up with an exciting black screen. Went on help and an agent for an hour gave me assistance and suggestions from clearing cache/history to trying incognito all to no avail. Gave up in the end.

This is the second time this has happened. This is a farce where you have to clear all your data to view ifollow. Never occurs on any other online system. Can only guess that this is a server problem or that their system needs a major upgrade.

Are any other supporters experiencing similar problems?

Hi mate, very frustrating I'm sure. I think 10 quid is far too much imo and have not seen any matches on that basis and is almost the same cost as a concessionary ST price and not sure if they do concessions on these matches. I would pay a fiver and think more fans would pay that too. Its not as though it costs any more as you have the same commentary team and they tape the whole match anyway.

I'm as cautious as anyone would be with the virus because as you know I lost my dear sister to it but it does seem silly to have very large grounds and stadia empty when they could allow fans to sit even ten seats apart and think the problem was not so much in the ground but fans arriving together and leaving together but they could organise that and sounds as though that will be the situation shortly as reading that fans will be allowed back in with the obvious social distancing and wearing masks. I can't get my head around thousands using the London underground and on the platforms and yet no fans allowed in stadiums? But three cheers for the imminent arrival of the vaccine.

Ought to add that we are doing brilliantly in this league and maybe just maybe we could be looking at the playoffs as dominating many teams so far but that maybe heart over head etc.

DA seems to have got a good mix of players now and so hats off to the club, players and staff for their efforts so far.

ATB to everyone,

Mike

Not had a problem at all, all season, home and away games.

Haven’t tried away games but only minor issues with home games. A bit fed up with the lag from radio commentary to iFollow which has happened 2 or 3 times in first halfs and sorted for the resumption - and it does get annoying when McGarry keeps saying this near side when to the viewer it isn’t! But then I guess that’s a small price to pay.

As I cannot get to most games anymore I have been using iFollow ever since they started and have had many problems getting the live coverage over the years. The only way i can achieve this is to clear all browsing history etc. and then restart computer. This usually works. I have tried everything else their help people say such as trying different browsers etc. but none of that seems to work. As I said usually a struggle to get live coverage but for me worth it once it works. For away games I load my laptop with the commentry as it is often the home team commentators being used. Slight problem then is that the home commentary is a minute or so ahead of the broadcast live action! After watching the Oxford game I noticed that the following evening the under 16's cup final was being show on Exeters Utube channel so went on to this. Initially they tried to charge to watch but then when the game started it was free! In case anyone wants to know we went a goal down then by HT were winning 3-1. Unfortunately we got hammered in second half and ended up losing 7-3! Some good prospects in our under 16's though.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperContendo View Post
    As I cannot get to most games anymore I have been using iFollow ever since they started and have had many problems getting the live coverage over the years. The only way i can achieve this is to clear all browsing history etc. and then restart computer. This usually works. I have tried everything else their help people say such as trying different browsers etc. but none of that seems to work. As I said usually a struggle to get live coverage but for me worth it once it works. For away games I load my laptop with the commentry as it is often the home team commentators being used. Slight problem then is that the home commentary is a minute or so ahead of the broadcast live action! After watching the Oxford game I noticed that the following evening the under 16's cup final was being show on Exeters Utube channel so went on to this. Initially they tried to charge to watch but then when the game started it was free! In case anyone wants to know we went a goal down then by HT were winning 3-1. Unfortunately we got hammered in second half and ended up losing 7-3! Some good prospects in our under 16's though.
    Thanks Semper for the advice. I will try that on Saturday if I have similar problems.. Have also cleared all browsing history but never thought of restarting. Seems to be they either have a poor server or their system needs a major upgrade.

Received a refund today, but this problem does not exist with other systems.

Hi Mike, long time no see. Hope you are keeping well. Why not come round on Saturday and watch the game. Fed up having nobody to argue with during the game lol. Contact me on lucour342@gmail.com if you fancy it. Would enjoy the company.

Yes, good to hear that Mike is doing well and enjoying our performances, if not in vision! Us senior season ticket holders are getting the iFollow matches at about the same price of a season ticket and, as I said before, it’s working OK for me and the club are doing their best for us, I think.

My techy partner even got it casting to the TV for me but, as he can’t stand football (go figure!) I decided not to burden him with it. He used to look forward to me being out of the house every other Saturday and now doesn’t even get that to enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Hi Mike, long time no see. Hope you are keeping well. Why not come round on Saturday and watch the game. Fed up having nobody to argue with during the game lol. Contact me on lucour342@gmail.com if you fancy it. Would enjoy the company.
    COVID! Would Mike coming round be within the rules??

Well Jimmy if it is not within the rules I feel that it is your duty to report me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast