+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, you lot any good then?

So, you lot any good then?

Or are we going to give you a football lesson on Saturday?

We don't do much with message boards up here we prefer our players do the talking.

Bloody hell. Glad we don't let ours do the same!

I don’t think Kenny Jackett is likely to give us a football lesson, a position shared by many Pompey fans I believe. That’s not to say you won’t beat us, although nobody has found us to be a pushover so far. Expect to be surprised by what looks like a bunch of kids out for a kick about with their mates, with a couple of uncles in tow to keep them out of trouble. And so long as the aforementioned Mr Jackett believes that to be the case he’s in for a shock. It’s the best group of Academy graduates we’ve had for years so hopefully you’ll enjoy watching us play but won’t enjoy the outcome - well, a man can dream! And I won’t be as insulting to you lot as my Saints supporting brothers would be!!

A blend of youth and experience eh? A good recipe for success that.

We’ve just played Plymouth, who I thought fitted a similar prescription. A good side.

It will be interesting to see how the game goes. I’m not sure Jackett dwells too much on the opposition, we seem to react on the day.

Plymouth were a decent side last season, even if Ryan Lowe can be a bit full of himself - lots of goals but not as consistent defensively. Oh, and they never lose to a better side, at least not according to Lowe!!

He must mean us then!

We seem to lose to sides who haven't a chance.

We play possession football which can sometimes be too slow in the build-up, hence our low scoring rate. However, we have only conceded 9 goals due to team organisation. There has been very little last ditch defending.
    How are Pompey getting on without the 'chimes'?

Your comment about possession football proved to be spot on. 70%!!!!!!!

Home advantage doesn't count for much at the moment. Todays result apart, our home form has ben abysmal.

You didn't see us at our best!
    I'm sure you were happy with the first half gifts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast