+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lazy so called Jounos and poor Pundits

Lazy so called Jounos and poor Pundits

Isn't it odd that all of these so-called "pundits" talk so much about our club so much so that they appear to be addicted? Most of them ex-top or near top players or experienced journalists.

Since leaving Northumberland in 1964 I've lived in areas with biggish teams as in the West Midlands and now midway between Palace and Brighton but within striking distance of the London clubs and I can honestly say that you don't see the intenseness of criticism with so-called neutral journos and pundits ranting and raving about underachieving poor owners or useless one-dimensional thinking managers.

Why oh why do they think there are easy pickings to be had by bilging rubbish talk about Newcastle United in particular.

I agree, Pat- don't think there's another club where not only do the pundits love talking about them but they love telling the fans what they should think and how they should feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I agree, Pat- don't think there's another club where not only do the pundits love talking about them but they love telling the fans what they should think and how they should feel.
    lads i really think its some sort of jealousy, they know how passionate and loyal our fans are and that seems to be their driving force behind their remarks.

Have you noticed its not from former Newcastle Players who know the club and area? its from mongs like Danny Mills who even in his prime would never get anywhere near our first team.
    The others have a friendship with Bruce and they dont want to talk about their mate.

Would you ever see Rob Lee or Shearer coming out and saying the fans are deluded and expect to be challenging for honours every year? .................................. nope

anyone worth their salt knows, the fans just want a team on the pitch that gives 100% and has a go at trying to win games! end of story. theres no god given right that we expect to win tropheys we just want to see our team compete on the pitch regardless if its against Darlington or Bayern

i think of these pundits as clickbait, they are geared up to get people to look at them but in reality offer **** all

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    lads i really think its some sort of jealousy, they know how passionate and loyal our fans are and that seems to be their driving force behind their remarks.

Have you noticed its not from former Newcastle Players who know the club and area? its from mongs like Danny Mills who even in his prime would never get anywhere near our first team.
    The others have a friendship with Bruce and they dont want to talk about their mate.

Would you ever see Rob Lee or Shearer coming out and saying the fans are deluded and expect to be challenging for honours every year? .................................. nope

anyone worth their salt knows, the fans just want a team on the pitch that gives 100% and has a go at trying to win games! end of story. theres no god given right that we expect to win tropheys we just want to see our team compete on the pitch regardless if its against Darlington or Bayern

i think of these pundits as clickbait, they are geared up to get people to look at them but in reality offer **** all
    Well summed up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)