+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankland

Shankland

If I were him I would be going to the manager and telling him I need to play in a team that will create chances for me.

The lad has the Euros coming up and he will be no-where near it if he is in our team with the current set-up. It pains me as we havent had a striker this good for a very long time.

I wont blame him if he leaves at all given our current approach.

And the club shouldn't hold him back.

We have not created enough chances for shanks.

Answer though is not to let him leave.

Shanks is loved here. The best for everyone is that he hits forms now and scores lots of goals before the end of the season

Starting with Hamilton where we will have chances and where shanks can shine

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    If I were him I would be going to the manager and telling him I need to play in a team that will create chances for me.

The lad has the Euros coming up and he will be no-where near it if he is in our team with the current set-up. It pains me as we havent had a striker this good for a very long time.

I wont blame him if he leaves at all given our current approach.

And the club shouldn't hold him back.
    Don’t think the club will to be fair. But it’s about the team at the moment not an individual player, we seem to have stemmed the tide by giving away goals and the team are becoming a bit more confident. I hope over the coming weeks this confidence will see our midfielders start to play a bit more and that’ll create more opportunities for Shankland.

replying to LS:

thats simply not the case though. He has has zero chances of note in recent games.

Theres no reason to think that will change. He'll only score if we get the ball to him up the other end and we dont.

I'd be building my team around a talent like that and we just dont have the numbers.

[QUOTE=moicher;39625749]replying to LS:

thats simply not the case though. He has has zero chances of note in recent games.

Theres no reason to think that will change. He'll only score if we get the ball to him up the other end and we dont.

I'd be building my team around a talent like that and we just dont have the numbers.[/QUOTE

What to do you want as a United supporter.

To encourage our best player for years to leave for way below his value??

At the moment we are adjusting to a new level and he has not been showing his true potential

[QUOTE=LSArab;39625758]
    Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    replying to LS:

I'd be building my team around a talent like that and we just dont have the numbers.[/QUOTE

What to do you want as a United supporter.

To encourage our best player for years to leave for way below his value??

At the moment we are adjusting to a new level and he has not been showing his true potential

his value will drop and drop in the current environment. I would love him to stay but he is wasted and if this is the way we play we are better cashing in and strengthening the squad in areas we need in order to make chances. This is the conundrum!

The suggestion in what you've just said is he's a luxury we can't afford and we'd be better getting there number for him. No thanks, when we start creating chances we know he'll score them.

It's not just us, The Boogie Squad's finest strikers have managed one goal in 300 mins of trying against the might of Serbia, Slovakia & Israel.

He's bound to be thinking his chances at the Euros are hanging by a thread the way we are playing. Not only that, he has Nisbet firing them at Hibs. He's basically in the squad based on last season.

I guess whatever his value was in the summer it's now half of that. And if he doesn't increase his two-goal tally in 9 games considerably then it'll be a quarter of what it was in the summer. You're only as good as your last game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)