+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big shock cars to be all electric from 2030

Big shock cars to be all electric from 2030

New petrol and diesel cars won’t be sold in the UK from 2030.
    The ban, originally set for 2040, was brought forward to 2035 earlier this year. Now it’s been brought forward another 5 years.

Given we can’t produce enough electricity for current use without nuclear power stations due to close and gas boilers being banned thus sounds like lunacy.

I reckon petrol and diesel will be very old technology by then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    New petrol and diesel cars won’t be sold in the UK from 2030.
    The ban, originally set for 2040, was brought forward to 2035 earlier this year. Now it’s been brought forward another 5 years.

Given we can’t produce enough electricity for current use without nuclear power stations due to close and gas boilers being banned thus sounds like lunacy.
    It is lunacy, I keep saying we live in a lunatic asylum, what more evidence do we need.

Attachment 17521

You obviously have not twigged the Tories cunning plan sinkov.

They intend on killing two birds with one stone.

They will encircle this island nation of ours with wind turbines, ensuring we have loads of free electricity and also keep those pesky immigrants out...

Attachment 17522

Boris don't seem to have twigged the flaw in his cunning plan BT, this nonsense will lose them the next election. The Speccy is virtually the Tories house magazine, Boris used to edit it, but this morning the current editor, Fraser Nelson, has ripped Boris to shreds in the editorial. If he can't keep the Speccy and Nelson onside he's finished, like I said a few days ago, dead man walking. Once Brexit is out of the way, the Tory knives will be out, for the moment they're just sharpening them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Boris don't seem to have twigged the flaw in his cunning plan BT, this nonsense will lose them the next election. The Speccy is virtually the Tories house magazine, Boris used to edit it, but this morning the current editor, Fraser Nelson, has ripped Boris to shreds in the editorial. If he can't keep the Speccy and Nelson onside he's finished, like I said a few days ago, dead man walking. Once Brexit is out of the way, the Tory knives will be out, for the moment they're just sharpening them.
    Sinkov
    I fear Brexit will not be out of the way for a long time, we have long COVID, long Bailey get ready for very long Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Come on gentlemen it has to happen , we have a government leaking money like the titanic did ( not their fault mind).

However they have Covid and brexit to deal with - transport use down massively, fuel taxes down massively losing revenue at both ends of the scale now.

The electric revolution has taken off on such a scale ( they weren’t expecting) that they simply can’t make any money from the motorist , contributions for electric cars purchases , as above even less fuel revenue due to more people going electric ( hence pence per mile charges being discussed at the moment .

We already know as I’ve said before there is only one pot of money - and it’s got a lot smaller late.

Someones got to pay - and you guessed it’s us.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov
    I fear Brexit will not be out of the way for a long time, we have long COVID, long Bailey get ready for very long Brexit.
    You're probably right OC, the ramifications will be ongoing for god knows how long. But the actual deed will have been done by the end of the year, and although we'll no doubt end up still tied to some of the EU's apron strings, we will be an independent country, of sorts. At which point the Tory party will have no further use for Boris.

In terms of electric cars; have you thought about where the resources are coming from? There is not enough rare earth metals such as copper, lithium, Cadmium Nickel etc to be able to do this. This is why they want you working at home or very close to work place because you wont have your own transport. Only the essential worker and elites will have, that unless we can get the hydrogen fuel cell vehicles to come good in the next 10 years; which is unlikely. Its all part of agenda 2030 and great reset stuff.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 19-11-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    In terms of electric cars; have you thought about where the resources are coming from? There is not enough rare earth metals such as copper, lithium, Cadmium Nickel etc to be able to do this. This is why they want you working at home or very close to work place because you wont have your own transport. Only the essential worker and elites will have, that unless we can get the hydrogen fuel cell vehicles to come good in the next 10 years; which is unlikely. Its all part of agenda 2030 and great reset stuff.
    Seeing that ever since this Lockdown malarkey started I have almost shrunk my liver, I don't think it will bother me much, either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)