+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Are you going to take a vaccine?

Having been consistent in keeping to Dutch Law and the ECHR rules on not making vacinations compulsory over the past few months, A Dutch MP from the same aprty as our PM suggested in Parliament using a back door. Namely, those not vaccinated being excluded from sports, concerts etc.

I'm against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    MA I believe I read somewhere that the Pfizer tests showed 94% efficacy when tested in the over 65 group. Now whether they cherry picked a wholly healthy group of over 65's I dont know, but my assessment is that the upside still exceeds the downside. Still its all a matter of personal choice. 8 a day - bloody amateur: 12 a day and a daily injection here .
    Yes, I read that report also. I'm almost a virgin on only 6 a day, but apparently my conditions contribute to a worse reaction to covid. So, I'll be looking to get the vaccination as soon as I can.

On a side note, there's been no mention of any kind of vaccination passport and also will people testing positive for the antigens, need to be vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Yes, I read that report also. I'm almost a virgin on only 6 a day, but apparently my conditions contribute to a worse reaction to covid. So, I'll be looking to get the vaccination as soon as I can.

On a side note, there's been no mention of any kind of vaccination passport and also will people testing positive for the antigens, need to be vaccinated?
    I know you shouldn't believe a politician but Matt Hancock said on last week's QT, and I paraphrase....

No compulsory vaccinations. However, a few days later when asked about compulsory jabs on the Radio he skirted the question.

Priority will be given to the elderly, starting with the over 80s and then moving down the age ranges to 50+ AND to health care workers including those in care homes AND to those with underlying conditions. As Minister of Health he would qualify for priority.

Children would NOT get the vaccination as it hasn't been tested on minors.

18 to 50 year olds without underlying conditions won't get is any danger they face from the virus is negligible.

How much of that is true? We will have to wait and see.

All interesting and informed responses, so much more enlightening than any of the ****e I’ve read elsewhere

Interesting that the common belief is that the younger people aren't overly affected by the virus. My son aged 32, told me yesterday that his close friend of the same age, who is a bit of a fitness fan, has gone down with the virus. Although being very fit and slim, with no health issues, he has literally been knocked off his feet. He is sleeping on the sofa as he hasn't got the strength to get up stairs, his wife even has to help him to go to the toilet downstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Having been consistent in keeping to Dutch Law and the ECHR rules on not making vacinations compulsory over the past few months, A Dutch MP from the same aprty as our PM suggested in Parliament using a back door. Namely, those not vaccinated being excluded from sports, concerts etc.

I'm against that.
    I'd be in favour of those not vaccinated being unable to attend big events such as sport or music. What's the point of vaccinating anyone if say 40% of a football crowd are infecting one another. You're not going to get the R rate down that way.

But let's not fool ourselves that crowds will come back any time soon. The roll out period of the vaccinations is at least a year and your typical football or concert attender are likely to be low down the priority chain

It can only practically work with a vaccination certificate like the good old yellow passport for international travel for things like cholera, yellow fever, hepatitis etc. No doubt there will be civil libertarians that will whinge about that. Once you tell people that they can't go down the pub without one is when the fun starts.......

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It can only practically work with a vaccination certificate like the good old yellow passport for international travel for things like cholera, yellow fever, hepatitis etc. No doubt there will be civil libertarians that will whinge about that. Once you tell people that they can't go down the pub without one is when the fun starts.......
    I'd open up a pub for the non-vaccinated......

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Interesting that the common belief is that the younger people aren't overly affected by the virus. My son aged 32, told me yesterday that his close friend of the same age, who is a bit of a fitness fan, has gone down with the virus. Although being very fit and slim, with no health issues, he has literally been knocked off his feet. He is sleeping on the sofa as he hasn't got the strength to get up stairs, his wife even has to help him to go to the toilet downstairs.
    Yes, I know a couple of people young and fit who really suffered, and continue to have relapsing symptoms despite recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well put. I’m fortunate not to be on regular medication but agree with the above. Totally respect MA’s and mac’s reasoning and ‘personal choice’ behind not accepting or questioning it, but I do believe that all those without an underlying condition have a social responsibility to be vaccinated. Laziness and fear - of needles - are no excuse imo.

Mm your options if over 60 and on meds - self isolate for the rest of your life or risk catching a virus which is known to impact more seriously on those over 60 and with underlying health conditions.

Seems to me the choice is obvious given that ones a clear risk and the other is a could be

Just had the misfortune to watch Kay Burley interviewing ‘Right Said Fred’ regarding their new ‘anti-lockdown’ single, ‘We’re all Criminals’. What a load of utter, irresponsible bollux...why do we give them air time?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)