+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Are you going to take a vaccine?

.......says the liberal! I don't share the sentiment, but they have a right to a platform, far more so than the other Corbyn and his anti lockdown protests involving breaking lockdown/masks/social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    .......says the liberal! I don't share the sentiment, but they have a right to a platform, far more so than the other Corbyn and his anti lockdown protests involving breaking lockdown/masks/social distancing
    Oh give it a rest, GP. It’s like being stalked by an obsessive who wants to shout ‘liberal’ every time I post.
    Nothing to do with Corbyn - who I also wish would just sod off - or his barmy brother, or being ‘liberal’.
    It’s about a long past their sell by date pair of performers wanting to cash in on the pandemic by releasing an anti-lockdown single and spouting totally irresponsible rubbish in an attempt to publicise it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just had the misfortune to watch Kay Burley interviewing ‘Right Said Fred’ regarding their new ‘anti-lockdown’ single, ‘We’re all Criminals’. What a load of utter, irresponsible bollux...why do we give them air time?
    Regretably ‘we’ (and Me as much as you) give them airtime by watching the programme. I’m sure you don’t think for one minute that commercial tv is bothered about cultural enrichment, they just wheel out who/whatever will intrigue people enough to watch the programme (and more importantly to them, the adverts between)

Not every time you post, just whenever you express illiberal views which are wholly inconsistent with your general perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Regretably ‘we’ (and Me as much as you) give them airtime by watching the programme. I’m sure you don’t think for one minute that commercial tv is bothered about cultural enrichment, they just wheel out who/whatever will intrigue people enough to watch the programme (and more importantly to them, the adverts between)
    What channel was it on Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What channel was it on Andy?
    It must have been on Sky as she’s their presenter, I was talking generally I am currently indisposed In the Royal trying to negotiate an escape after a mere 4 tablets per day appeared not to be up to reducing my heart rate below Motörhead speed. Ailing I may be but gotta take my mod duties seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I know you shouldn't believe a politician but Matt Hancock said on last week's QT, and I paraphrase....

No compulsory vaccinations. However, a few days later when asked about compulsory jabs on the Radio he skirted the question.

Priority will be given to the elderly, starting with the over 80s and then moving down the age ranges to 50+ AND to health care workers including those in care homes AND to those with underlying conditions. As Minister of Health he would qualify for priority.

Children would NOT get the vaccination as it hasn't been tested on minors.

18 to 50 year olds without underlying conditions won't get is any danger they face from the virus is negligible.

How much of that is true? We will have to wait and see.
    Not sure where you have been getting this from, but it doesn't to be in line with what I've heard and read.

The vaccine would be offered to vulnerable age groups, those with underlying health conditions, medical staff care workers and other appropriate front line workers e.g. transport staff in the first place.

It would then be available generally including 16 - 50 year olds - whilst its true they don't have a big risk from the virus, they can however catch it and be asymptomatic spreaders, so in order to check the spread, it will be necessary to vaccinate these age groups.

It will take a while before its tested sufficiently for younger people, but its likely that information on how long the immunity lasts will be required before widespread implementation. however children with underlying health conditions would be vaccinated.
    Last edited by swaledale; 20-11-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just had the misfortune to watch Kay Burley interviewing ‘Right Said Fred’ regarding their new ‘anti-lockdown’ single, ‘We’re all Criminals’. What a load of utter, irresponsible bollux...why do we give them air time?
    Interesting rA, that you are so ready to dismiss an alternative point of view as "*******s" when the scientists with their grossly exaggerated models are considered OK? Lets face it not even the scientists agree and are not always right either.

I have to say that I am still of the view that the harm done by lockdowns, in terms of economic loss, mental health and delays to other health treatments is not far short of the death toll from Coronavirus, indeed over the longer term it may be higher. Putting the whole country into lockdown, rather than targeted local lockdowns of high infection areas with tracing and isolation of those infected as say China and South Korea have done, seems more effective with less negative results for society as a whole.

Its so easy if your retired on a pension sat safely at home to agree with the lockdown approach, not so easy if your self employed and getting **** all from the government.

But also in freedom of speech, is not incumbent to allow others with a point of view to express that point of view? I agree that where there is deliberate inciting of violence, revolt or discriminatory views expressed then some form of censorship is appropriate, but I'm vary wary of stopping expression simply because some do not agree with the views being expressed.

Jesus guys its getting a bit ‘have a pop at x’ again!

IMO the incontrovertible evidence of a highly contagious, reasonably fatal disease should allow normal rules of fair play to be suspended and RSF given no airtime (nor Van Morrison for instance who I usually like) IF their message is that the disease doesn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Not sure where you have been getting this from, but it doesn't to be in line with what I've heard and read.

The vaccine would be offered to vulnerable age groups, those with underlying health conditions, medical staff care workers and other appropriate front line workers e.g. transport staff in the first place.

It would then be available generally including 16 - 50 year olds - whilst its true they don't have a big risk from the virus, they can however catch it and be asymptomatic spreaders, so in order to check the spread, it will be necessary to vaccinate these age groups.

It will take a while before its tested sufficiently for younger people, but its likely that information on how long the immunity lasts will be required before widespread implementation. however children with underlying health conditions would be vaccinated.
    I watched Question Time last week and that is exactly what came out of Hancock's mouth.

Where did you get YOUR information?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)