+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are the survival rates

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Deliberate misquote by Islay that equates to cheap point scoring?
    not in my opinion. The Times made the comment and he repeated substantially what they said.would not condemn him for cheap point scoring, in much the same way as i don't condemn Taintedice for his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    not in my opinion. The Times made the comment and he repeated substantially what they said.would not condemn him for cheap point scoring, in much the same way as i don't condemn Taintedice for his posts.
    Fair enough BCram, to be honest I've lost interest in the whole political to and froing on the subject on here however Islay is entirely wrong when he says

'Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off as they were the ones who voted against Scotland becoming an independent country'

He didn't actually say that did he? Any misinterpretation after the fact by a newspaper really shouldn't be taken as the man's words. I know from experience how annoying it can be as I was being constantly misquoted and having statements attributed to me by a particular poster on here until recently.

Repeating substantially isn't really saying it - even if he probably does believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Islay, I would have taken that comment about 30-50 year olds as a compliment! she must have thought that you were in that age group and therefore her comment was a warning to you personally. I agree it's hard to imagine you looking some20 to 30 years younger, but I'm sure that's what happened!

Angus Robertson's comment was meant as a joke rather than a serious political point. as I recall at the last referendum there was almost a uniform voting spread against independence regardless of age. I think there was one age group that voted in favour but in general the NO voters were spread throughout the ages. Admittedly the older voters were more inclined to vote NO but it wasn't true that they were the only group to vote NO and so were entirely responsible for the defeat.
    The doctor who phoned would have details of my age through my CHI number so she knew exactly how old I was and protecting people in the 30-50 age group was no benefit to me.
    Angus Robertson’s comment was no joke especially as it was reported in the UK media.
    If it had been a joke Angus Robertson would have been quick to distance himself from the comment and state that it was taken out of context which has never happened.
    I see that Angus Robertson is 51 years old and now outwith the current 30-50 age group that Nippy is trying to protect. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Robertson

You'll be able to show me in writing where he was quoted saying this of course?
    That is somewhat difficult as unlike the call centres I do not record phone calls I receive for training purposes.
    I know what the doctor said to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    islaydarkblue, staunch tory who continues to ignore 25,000 care home deaths in England, motivated by tories wanting to save billions of pounds in social care and pension costs, at the same time spewing out nonsense, which only exists in his own warped mind, as somehow being real.
    Yesterday one of the scientists who advise the SAGE committee of scientists admitted that they used a computer model to work out how the safety of people living in care homes from the Covid-19 virus. They failed to take into account agency staff working in different care homes.
    They should of course double checked this manually especially as there is a well known saying that if you put rubbish in you get rubbish out.
    Computers are only as good as the information that is loaded into them.
    Hopefully relatives of people in care homes who have died thanks to this flawed information in the computer modelling study will now sue the scientists involved.
    Scientists may have passed exams but there is no guarantee that they also use their own commonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    That is somewhat difficult as unlike the call centres I do not record phone calls I receive for training purposes.
    I know what the doctor said to me.
    Stop deflecting. you directly attributed the statement to Angus Robertson, you didn't say that any doctor told you this.

[QUOTE=thegen65;39626644]
    When I received the results from the Public Health Scotland doctor of my Covid-19 test at the beginning of June 2020 which was negative I said to the doctor that the virus should have been left to run its course. /QUOTE]

So, i presume you will not be getting vaccinated when it becomes available?
    If I want to be able to attend home games at Dens Park I will have to get the vaccine. However this vaccine is not a ‘magic bullet’ as there is no guarantee that it will protect everyone from the Covid-19 virus.

Deliberate misquote by Islay that equates to cheap point scoring?
    It must be quiet on the DBF if you are posting on here.

When I received the results from the Public Health Scotland doctor of my Covid-19 test at the beginning of June 2020 which was negative I said to the doctor that the virus should have been left to run its course. She replied that a lot more people in the 30-50 age group would have died if that had happened.
    This admission proved that the authorities were not interested in people aged over 50. That was a couple of months before Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off as they were the ones who voted against Scotland becoming an independent country.
    Above is what you said Islay. It seems your conversation with the doctor was in fact 'a couple of months before Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off as they were the ones who voted against Scotland becoming an independent country'.

Is your doctor also psychic? Or are you just twisting facts to fit your opinion.................................... again

It must be quiet on the DBF if you are posting on here.
    Deflection?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)