+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are the survival rates

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Fair enough BCram, to be honest I've lost interest in the whole political to and froing on the subject on here however Islay is entirely wrong when he says

'Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off as they were the ones who voted against Scotland becoming an independent country'

He didn't actually say that did he? Any misinterpretation after the fact by a newspaper really shouldn't be taken as the man's words. I know from experience how annoying it can be as I was being constantly misquoted and having statements attributed to me by a particular poster on here until recently.

Repeating substantially isn't really saying it - even if he probably does believe it.
    If Angus Robertson did not say that he wanted a second independence referendum delayed until the elderly in Scotland had died off he would have been quick to demand an apology from the newspapers.
    There was no correction and apology in the Sunday Times newspaper the following Sunday.
    He will probably get his wish sooner than he thinks as there is a big cancer problem in the West of Scotland including the Inner and Outer Hebrides.

Deflection?
    Not really.
    I can understand why people give up trying to debate reasonably with you on internet forums because you continually just wear other posters down until they eventually give up.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;39626756]
    Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    If I want to be able to attend home games at Dens Park I will have to get the vaccine. However this vaccine is not a ‘magic bullet’ as there is no guarantee that it will protect everyone from the Covid-19 virus.
    Why? Do you think we'll be issued with a passport type document once vaccinated that will need to be shown before we do certain things like shopping, attending sports events, travelling between different areas?

Will there be a guy in uniform stopping us before we get on a train demanding 'PAPERS'? To be honest the way this whole lock down farce has been handled the next move toward total government control wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If Angus Robertson did not say that he wanted a second independence referendum delayed until the elderly in Scotland had died off he would have been quick to demand an apology from the newspapers.
    There was no correction and apology in the Sunday Times newspaper the following Sunday.
    He will probably get his wish sooner than he thinks as there is a big cancer problem in the West of Scotland including the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
    Come on now Islay you're way too thoughtful and intelligent to attribute a newspaper statement to someone simply because they didn't deny saying it. Maybe he rose above it?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Not really.
    I can understand why people give up trying to debate reasonably with you on internet forums because you continually just wear other posters down until they eventually give up.
    I challenge assertions I believe to be incorrect and I believe nothing I haven't seen, heard or felt myself.

If being challenged on statements you make that are clearly incorrect maybe internet forums are not for you? People will challenge you, that's what people do.

I sometimes think there is only one person a sort of Islaydeeranged and he is having an argument with himself. If he gave up the political side of his thoughts he might see that there is a much bigger problem of incompetence that covers ALL politicians and the people who advise tthem. Just look at all the allegations about the way contracts have been given, the flawed decisions about care homes and the lack of commonsense when it comes to tiers. The way that alcohol has been used as way to close pubs but if a pub wanted to stop selling alcohol as a publican and do so as a restaurant he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I sometimes think there is only one person a sort of Islaydeeranged.
    I'm gutted.

I know I can be pig headed but I do listen to others and I don't consider my ill thought out opinions to absolute facts.

Usually.

I'm gutted.

I know I can be pig headed but I do listen to others and I don't consider my ill thought out opinions to absolute facts.

Usually.
    Great reply Deeranged. I had hoped that I get a witty reply and you did not disappoint! I remember in the pre referendum days the discussions were much more interesting when people were sharing ideas and somehow you could discuss the issues.

Taintedice, are there not 2500 care home deaths in Scotland , caused by the same approach that was adopted under the scientific advice in England? 2500 is approximately the percentage equivalent when you compare England's population with Scotland's.
    Care home deaths only seem to be relevant in Scotland according to the staunch tory, is the point I was making.

not in my opinion. The Times made the comment and he repeated substantially what they said.would not condemn him for cheap point scoring, in much the same way as i don't condemn Taintedice for his posts.
    Beg your pardon? Condemn what exactly, I'm a bastion of knowledge, fairness and fact

Angus Robertson was crass in what he was saying but at no point did he say he wanted to wait till old people die, he was commenting on the demographic changes since 2014. These were false anyway as people who are now pensioners will still be subject to the same concerns about their pensions.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 20-11-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)