+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what are the survival rates

what are the survival rates

in Care homes and hospitals? I'm wondering just how many old people actually survived their brush with covid. 5000 deaths in Scotland with say 4500 over 65year olds as the bulk of that might be quite a small percentage of the actual number of 65 plusers who caught the virus and survived.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...hs-on-the-rise seems like the medics are actually curing people. Rates have dropped from 28% of those in hospital to 7% of those in hospital who die. Study looked at age profile and the results were not being distorted by the initial burst being skewed towards the older generation.
    Maybe better treatment is the way we will get out of this. Don't know why more isn't being made of this as it might be a reasonable approach to help everyone.

When I received the results from the Public Health Scotland doctor of my Covid-19 test at the beginning of June 2020 which was negative I said to the doctor that the virus should have been left to run its course. She replied that a lot more people in the 30-50 age group would have died if that had happened.
    This admission proved that the authorities were not interested in people aged over 50. That was a couple of months before Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off as they were the ones who voted against Scotland becoming an independent country.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off
    You'll be able to show me in writing where he was quoted saying this of course?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    When I received the results from the Public Health Scotland doctor of my Covid-19 test at the beginning of June 2020 which was negative I said to the doctor that the virus should have been left to run its course. She replied that a lot more people in the 30-50 age group would have died if that had happened.
    This admission proved that the authorities were not interested in people aged over 50. That was a couple of months before Angus Robertson the former SNP deputy leader said that a second independence referendum should be delayed until all the old people had died off as they were the ones who voted against Scotland becoming an independent country.
    Islay, I would have taken that comment about 30-50 year olds as a compliment! she must have thought that you were in that age group and therefore her comment was a warning to you personally. I agree it's hard to imagine you looking some20 to 30 years younger, but I'm sure that's what happened!

Angus Robertson's comment was meant as a joke rather than a serious political point. as I recall at the last referendum there was almost a uniform voting spread against independence regardless of age. I think there was one age group that voted in favour but in general the NO voters were spread throughout the ages. Admittedly the older voters were more inclined to vote NO but it wasn't true that they were the only group to vote NO and so were entirely responsible for the defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You'll be able to show me in writing where he was quoted saying this of course?
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...ment-svc7rvr5k

there is a long article in The National which explains in detail the point being made by the SNP. Their polling shows that only the over 55's are against independence and that younger age groups are in favour. It's true that the over 55's are more likely to die before those in younger age groups so instead of trying to make something out of this logical appreciation of the situation those who oppose independence should try to woo younger voters IMO.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;39626524]When I received the results from the Public Health Scotland doctor of my Covid-19 test at the beginning of June 2020 which was negative I said to the doctor that the virus should have been left to run its course. /QUOTE]

So, i presume you will not be getting vaccinated when it becomes available?

islaydarkblue, staunch tory who continues to ignore 25,000 care home deaths in England, motivated by tories wanting to save billions of pounds in social care and pension costs, at the same time spewing out nonsense, which only exists in his own warped mind, as somehow being real.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    islaydarkblue, staunch tory who continues to ignore 25,000 care home deaths in England, motivated by tories wanting to save billions of pounds in social care and pension costs, at the same time spewing out nonsense, which only exists in his own warped mind, as somehow being real.
    Taintedice, are there not 2500 care home deaths in Scotland , caused by the same approach that was adopted under the scientific advice in England? 2500 is approximately the percentage equivalent when you compare England's population with Scotland's.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...ment-svc7rvr5k

there is a long article in The National which explains in detail the point being made by the SNP. Their polling shows that only the over 55's are against independence and that younger age groups are in favour. It's true that the over 55's are more likely to die before those in younger age groups so instead of trying to make something out of this logical appreciation of the situation those who oppose independence should try to woo younger voters IMO.
    Deliberate misquote by Islay that equates to cheap point scoring?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)