+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T BBC radio - Not playing ‘Fairytale of New York’ this Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is it pathetic that a single radio station from the several Beeb stations is blanking out a word that some listeners will find offensive of pathetic that the news story is being misleadingly posted as "BBC have announced they will not be playing this song"??
    Is it pathetic that a single radio station from the several Beeb stations is blanking out a word that some listeners will find offensive

Yes, 100%.

or pathetic that the news story is being misleadingly posted as "BBC have announced they will not be playing this song"

Already pointed out.

Complete pathetic contribution by you. Well done.

CAM - stop pampering to these ****ing ar$ewipes. It’s getting embarrassing now.

BRIN - Stop stirring the pot and get your story right next time. Tone it down fella.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Is it pathetic that a single radio station from the several Beeb stations is blanking out a word that some listeners will find offensive

Yes, 100%.

or pathetic that the news story is being misleadingly posted as "BBC have announced they will not be playing this song"

Already pointed out.

BRIN - Stop stirring the pot and get your story right next time. Tone it down fella.
    howdy, my intention was not 'to stir the pot' I merely posted on something I was verbally told earlier today. I suppose I should have got the full sp before posting. As for my story not being right, it is. One BBC radio station is refusing to play the 'full' unedited version of the song so in essence I am right.

Yes, 100%.

Already pointed out.

Hysterical or what?

Brin just posted a point of view is all. Same one as endless other posts but there you go. Some immediately agreed with it. You didn't have a problem with that. Some disagreed, you want CAM to 'cancel' them (to use the phrase you rightists so love at the mo, bless you).

Calm yer pants lad. Just a debate for those that want to have it. Personally not getting involved, just pointing out the usual misinformation is all. Suffice to say that it's one of my all time favourite songs and I'll take the uncensored version every time.

But got to say I love the Pogues official band website response to Laurence Fox who was carrying 'Brin's torch of outrage today. The band told him "F*** off you little herrenvolk s***e.’ (herrenvolk=master race). Well said lads!
    Last edited by ragingpup; 19-11-2020 at 11:08 PM.

I think the point is if Brin had posted this on this part of the site no one would have had cause to ask it to be shifted. The footy part of the site is doing really well even noted by fans of other clubs.It is attracting new members and it is a lot nicer place to discuss things because iyt is about FOOTIE the one thing that DOES unite us in general. Why spoil that?

I will say it again. It aint rocket science. If You are posting something that is not footie related and you think someone will object to what you have put in some way put it on here. The right wingers on here know who will object to their threads by god they have had enough arguments with them over the years. The leftys know who will pick up on their threads in the same way.

No one is stopping you post what you want to. Just put it on the correct bit We can all argue the toss then.

It is noticeable that it is those with right wing opinions that tend to start the threads and try it on. If any other lefty poster put something on slagging off Boris or defending Corbyn certain posters would soon be on their backs telling them it should be on this bit of the forum.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-11-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    howdy, my intention was not 'to stir the pot' I merely posted on something I was verbally told earlier today. I suppose I should have got the full sp before posting. As for my story not being right, it is. One BBC radio station is refusing to play the 'full' unedited version of the song so in essence I am right.
    You are either telling porkies Brin or very naive. Come on you know very well that certain posters will contest stuff about "faggotts" even if you don't think they should.

Use your noggin before you post. Lets not spoil the nice bit of the site which is doing really well atm.

I remember many times before the changes you having a dig at me for making things political. You can't have it all ways...

Not saying you can't put what you did just put it where it belongs..
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-11-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Hysterical or what?

Personally not getting involved, just pointing out the usual misinformation is all. Suffice to say that it's one of my all time favourite songs and I'll take the uncensored version every time.

I'd already highlighted the misinformation. So read my post again stop quoting my posts and fU@K OFF.

I'd already highlighted the misinformation. So read my post again stop quoting my posts and fU@K OFF.
    xx

Ideal scenario for me is that it gets banned for 5 years and then they start playing it again. I may start liking it again then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123