+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T BBC radio - Not playing ‘Fairytale of New York’ this Xmas.

O/T BBC radio - Not playing ‘Fairytale of New York’ this Xmas.

Why you may ask?

The BBC have announced they will not be playing this song because of the word ‘faggot’ may be deemed offensive to a certain gender.

This song has been in the charts for 33 years! Now some mamby pamby delicate little flower has got it banned. I say to them get a life you sad specimen.

Not new though Brin, Dire Straits Money for Nothing got the same treatment from the thought police.

Bah humbug

I’m offended by the terms midwife, woman because it has man in it women because it has the term men in it. Female because it has male in it.

If I can get them changed first I’ll come up with another list.

Brin, I'll save you from the mob.

The BBC will be playing an edited version on Radio 1. Radio 2 will play the original and Music 6 DJ's can play whichever they want.

It's pathetic.

It’s being played on Radio 2 properly.

An edited version will be played on radio 1. You're cheap and you're haggard This doesn’t affect me in the slightest as I’ve not listened to radio 1 for about 20 years.

Radio 1 did the same with Relax. Them banning it though made it more popular. Seems they still haven’t learned this lesson.

Shane Will be over the moon as the interest gathered will mean more downloads meaning more royalties.

But why edit it? It’s been sung over and over and the word faggot is completely missed by millions. It’s just some ‘feet stamping look at me’ idiot that’s wants to be recognised.... bless em.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    But why edit it? It’s been sung over and over and the word faggot is completely missed by millions. It’s just some ‘feet stamping look at me’ idiot that’s wants to be recognised.... bless em.
    Its a look at me idiot that's paid a big salary by the BBC

WHAT about Spice up your life by the Spice Girls

Yellow man in timbuktu

For a start timbuktu is in Mali which is in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Why you may ask?

The BBC have announced they will not be playing this song because of the word ‘faggot’ may be deemed offensive to a certain gender.

This song has been in the charts for 33 years! Now some mamby pamby delicate little flower has got it banned. I say to them get a life you sad specimen.
    Why have you posted on this board? Do you not know the rules? Or do you think they do not apply to you?

BBC radio Solent DJ asked for it to be banned his name his Dyke so ban him because some people find the word Dyke offensive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast