+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which "Turf Moor" moment out of them all would you re-live if you could ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    missed the best of him...or at least, it'd be vague in my then...very young memory - looks like he still had two good knees in that picture.

here's another family favourite I used to hear regular talk of.....and a favourite "year" for all.

front row, second left.

Not at the Turf but at Maine Road on 2 May 1960 as a 13 year old with my dad, a lifelong Claret, what a night that was and my dad was in tears at the end because he was a close friend of George Bray and knew what he thought of the club!
    SO many memories of the Turf, however, the Orient game has to be the one. Travelled up from Uxbridge where I was stationed in the RAF Central Band at the time, went to see mum and dad in Ossie and then went to the game fearing the worst.
    Had to return to Uxbridge straight after the game but that drive back was fantastic --I was in a different world.

I still enjoy driving down to the Turf, meeting friends and watching the match and I enjoy the drive home better when we have not lost, however, nothing will surpass those two games above even though there are plenty of other memories ---both good and bad --that's football!

When that lot found "Top Gear" Norder, there really was no stopping them.

Unfortunately back in the day the squad sizes were small and no substitutes were allowed.

If there had of been, I think we would have won the European Cup in 1961 ~ we really were that good.

You are too old!!
    I haven't been to that many games, but I think my favourite must be when we were under 1-3 against Preston with Ferguson jr. in charge and his dad in the stands. Jay Rod scored our fourth goal right at the end... ten years ago now...

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    You are too old!!
    I haven't been to that many games, but I think my favourite must be when we were under 1-3 against Preston with Ferguson jr. in charge and his dad in the stands. Jay Rod scored our fourth goal right at the end... ten years ago now...
    Still a moment to savour ---and you remember it well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)