+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Theres a geme this weekend - Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Magnificent 3 pts, and a brave comeback, well on track to surviving on our prem return.
    Reading some of the posts up to 75th min kind of makes me glad in a way supporters are not allowed in yet.

And for any fun or fartz reading at least we only have one Mellon in our squad.
    Why are you “kind of glad in a way supporters are not allowed in yet”?
    Regardless of whether we were there or not, we were basically sh!te until they scored, then we realised that the sh!tiest team in the league, were about to pick up their first 3pts, in god knows how long, and then applied ourselves, as we should have done from the first fecking whistle!! We cannot keep gambling like this FFS!

P.S. I can understand us having a tentative approach against the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hibs, but not anyone else!!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 21-11-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Regardless of whether we were there or not, we were basically sh!te until they scored, then we realised that the sh!tiest team in the league, were about to pick up their first 3pts, in god knows how long, and then applied ourselves, as we should have done from the first fecking whistle!! We cannot keep gambling like this FFS!
    We weren't great but they were 5hite too. I don't care if they got 8 from Sevco or beat from Stranraer or whoever else because below the obvious 4 it's a battle and we seem to be doing rather well in these battles. Hamilton are the worst team we've played in the league this season and we beat them because we were better than them......just.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    By the way I agree with that about four at the back but let's also be fair here

7 games unbeaten and won our last two at home in league
    My thinking too.... the 3/5 at the back does work, albeit horrendous to watch sometimes. You gain things, you loose things.

Still prefer 2 center backs, one who is the obvious ball winner in the air and the other that can do it too, but cleans up a wee bit more and has better distribution. (old fashioned I know) but I think it still works if the players know their jobs.

I lost tabs today on what our game-plan was, with players playing in not their preferred roles.

In saying that MMc was great , has a good futba brain and looks fitter than I expected. Also NC seems to be liking not being the main striker at Tannadice just now, (even though he is)

Still not sure what's really going on up there but at least we are looking like we might dig out a better league position than we were probably aiming for.

Happy for now............gless still half ful

PS: Fuchs started just running about and staring at players as they won the ball , but he grew in to the game. There is a player in there albeit not our saviour.

Absolutely fantastic to win

We showed we can play football and pass but only after they scored

We should try and pass a lot more and not just have long balls from Connolly up the pitch !!

Main thing from today was the WINNING MENTALITY

Not many teams can come back like that and we showed a great spirit there

Micky M deserves credit. Not always been pretty but we are in a great position

Nicky Clark second goal was a beautiful finish

Did anyone else notice on commentary Micky shouting ‘Come on Benji’ - seemed to do the trick...pretend Benji had a chance of saving it 😂

Apart from penalties tbf Benji is immense

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Because a lot of fans would have given the team dogs abuse today for the wrong reasons imo
    Whilst we are nowhere near the standard of team we want to watch, due to covid and hearts our current team was the most underprepared and cash strapped than any promoted team I can recall.
    Unlike most I am willing to accept that this season's squad is what it is, a championship squad playing a championship standard of football and showing up some so called established premiership clubs in the process.

Will I accept this pish next season when we should be much better prepared and have recruited?
    Absolutely not but right now I'm proud of every point we grind out

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Totally but i have zero faith that MM recognises this and is too stubborn to keep 4 at the back
    Possibly. Reverting to four at the back is as sure a sign as any that the no.1 priority is to not concede. We went a goal behind and immediately he changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Possibly. Reverting to four at the back is as sure a sign as any that the no.1 priority is to not concede. We went a goal behind and immediately he changed it.
    In fairness to Micky he’s not that stubborn.

He countered high press by not committing us forwards and keeping the 5 at the back.

Minute we were behind he saw need to change things

I remember how much we complained when McKinnon McNamara and Neilson all kept to 4-2-3-1 regardless of what happened in a match.

Finally here is a manager that will change the formation when needed and will do it mid match when necessary

What I like most about Micky is that he is desperate to win

Winning makes us all the difference as. Is what will keep us up

Top 6 this season would be amazing achievement and after today I think it’s possible

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Minute we were behind he saw need to change things
    Most managers do this tbf. Fair play to him he has the ability to change formation but the previous managers you mentioned were terrible for only seeming to change things (personnel) once we went a goal behind. Today would suggest he was content with 0-0.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 21-11-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Because a lot of fans would have given the team dogs abuse today for the wrong reasons imo
    Whilst we are nowhere near the standard of team we want to watch, due to covid and hearts our current team was the most underprepared and cash strapped than any promoted team I can recall.
    Unlike most I am willing to accept that this season's squad is what it is, a championship squad playing a championship standard of football and showing up some so called established premiership clubs in the process.

Will I accept this pish next season when we should be much better prepared and have recruited?
    Absolutely not but right now I'm proud of every point we grind out
    I’m sure every arab is delighted with every point picked up, but why set up defensively, then only “attackingly” once we lose a goal? Not better to do the opposite? I appreciate the challenges this season with regard to team and recruitment, but we make it difficult for ourselves with the negative strategy, simples!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)