+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just To Let Everyone Know

Just To Let Everyone Know

It was Exile's funeral today and I'm sure he was given a good send off from his loved ones .

Eric is now at peace although no doubt he's putting a few folk right already on the other side .

Al raise a glass to Ziles toneet.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It was Exile's funeral today and I'm sure he was given a good send off from his loved ones .

Eric is now at peace although no doubt he's putting a few folk right already on the other side .

👍 like

Cheers Animal.

I hope he had a fitting send off, it was sad to hear of Exiles passing.

Animal, what age was Exile, I wonder if I knew him.

It's a shame in one of our last conversations he mentioned meeting for a pint and told me his health wasn't too clever. I never took him up on his offer probably through a bit of stupid shyness more than anything. Wish I had now.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I hope he had a fitting send off, it was sad to hear of Exiles passing.

Animal, what age was Exile, I wonder if I knew him.
    I don't know exactly Ethel but early to mid 70's wouldn't be a million miles away .

I understand Eric sadly suffered a heart attack after feeling unwell for a couple of days prior .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It's a shame in one of our last conversations he mentioned meeting for a pint and told me his health wasn't too clever. I never took him up on his offer probably through a bit of stupid shyness more than anything. Wish I had now.
    Aye I can relate to that Steve , he was going to pop in and have a look at my garden last summer when he came up to Barnsley to visit his relatives but alas a combination of the lockdown and his health put paid to that .

As Captain Darling said in the last ever Blackadder as they prepared to go over the top " bugger " .

Thanks Animal, he's not either of the Eric's I know who are Reds, they are just a bit younger. Thats a bit of a relief in the contaext of the guys I know but still sad on the passing of a Red!

Raising a glass to exile now...cheers!