+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have dropped a place....

We have dropped a place....

....and are now officially sixth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55176197

That's disgraceful that they get 6 pts and Accies 3

What a joke, St Johnstone had to play games earlier in season that were postponed

Mockery so it is

Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous. Utd aside, what a crazy decision. Has can of worms written all over it.

Really difficult to know here. If the clubs were to blame from their processes then they should be punished. Hard not to draw parallels with the Aberdeen and Celtic situations though. Although players rather than clubs to blame in those ones, the actions were far more reckless!
    I do however find it hard that in punishing one team other teams get rewarded. I know that it is the standard by awarding a walkover, but cant help but think that the games could and should be played.
    If they felt the guilty clubs needed points punishment, then reduction is a better punishment as it doesnt punish 11 teams.

Play the games, punish the guilty, but dont punish 11 teams by awarding three free points to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Really difficult to know here. If the clubs were to blame from their processes then they should be punished. Hard not to draw parallels with the Aberdeen and Celtic situations though. Although players rather than clubs to blame in those ones, the actions were far more reckless!
    I do however find it hard that in punishing one team other teams get rewarded. I know that it is the standard by awarding a walkover, but cant help but think that the games could and should be played.
    If they felt the guilty clubs needed points punishment, then reduction is a better punishment as it doesnt punish 11 teams.

Play the games, punish the guilty, but dont punish 11 teams by awarding three free points to someone.
    I totally agree, weird one.

Disgraceful. You should never gain points in this scenario. Docked them, yes maybe. If it was us I would want the games played and stick by that even if they had players unfit for the scheduled date but then fit for the new date. They're just trying to avoid giving the teams a financial penalty and trying to keep the league table looking neat.

Would i be right in thinking that Sevco had players on the park v us in that friendly but never even got a slap on the wrist, or am I imagining this?

Another thing I would add to all this, is why does it have to be 3-0? Motherwell are not just 6 points but 6 GOALS better off now. That could at the end of the season be enough to sneak into top six on GD. Surely a 1-0 award would suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Another thing I would add to all this, is why does it have to be 3-0? Motherwell are not just 6 points but 6 GOALS better off now. That could at the end of the season be enough to sneak into top six on GD. Surely a 1-0 award would suffice?
    I think suspended fines or compensation to the innocent club would suffice here.

FFS - if you allow 'elite' sports to happen, you have got to accept some level of risk. No matter how good you covid protocols are.

As someone above said, the SPFL have opened a can of worms here. And I don't like to see the docking or assigning of points.

Competition is being decided off the pitch by burocrats, that can't be right. Just don't see why these games couldn't be played at some point.

As many teams as possible (obviously not Motherwell and Accies) need to get together to put the mockers on this ASAP
    As said above....this is punishing every other team scrapping for points outwith the infirm, its mind blowing that this precident is being set, the spfl are a bunch of absolute clowns. 3 f**king nil! What the actual f**k!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)