+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clubs going bust

Clubs going bust

Can see this happening very soon. From what I hear there's no government support forthcoming other than furloughs.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Can see this happening very soon. From what I hear there's no government support forthcoming other than furloughs.
    With this sort of money flying about is it any wonder?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54960766

Just to be clear I'm not meaning clubs like us, it's going to be clubs with no access to an owners finances.

Just to be clear I'm not meaning clubs like us, it's going to be clubs with no access to an owners finances.
    If only they had Peter and Jimmy pulling the lever's,the halcyon days of Caniggia still being celebrated by The Courier newspaper regardless of the £23,000,000 debt that was run up to bring players like him in.

Its truly staggering that our local paper looks back on that period with such fondness,hundred's of Funsters still think they were their glory years and still throw rose petals at the feet of the Marrs,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If only they had Peter and Jimmy pulling the lever's,the halcyon days of Caniggia still being celebrated by The Courier newspaper regardless of the £23,000,000 debt that was run up to bring players like him in.

Its truly staggering that our local paper looks back on that period with such fondness,hundred's of Funsters still think they were their glory years and still throw rose petals at the feet of the Marrs,FACT.
    They have no shame GB. No shame at all.
    Still see threads go up occasionally glorifying it. And to think they finished 6th was it (?) won the square root of FA and nearly saw their club swallowed by their neighbours.

There you go mate,FACT.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/caniggia/

Havnie bought it in years and never will.

They claim the signing lifted the entire city 75% of the city were lifted when they crashed and burned not once but twice due to lunatics in TheAuldHunStand,FACT.

I think a few will be close but with promise of fans back maybe at tail end of season maybe they will be able to get necessary emergency funds. We have done what we needed to i think. Would have been good if sky had offered extra games for a pot just for this season. show them all live or ppv but nah that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    There you go mate,FACT.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/caniggia/

Havnie bought it in years and never will.
    un real its still up - played 21 games for them ffs sad excuse for apaper that GB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)