+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grealish - England

Grealish - England

Watched tonight and I knew this lad was a good footballer but he’s head and shoulders above all on the pitch , made Debruyne
    Look ordinary.

We / England on the other hand are very ordinary - Southgate is clueless and should be building the team around him not asking to be convinced he’s worth picking.

Got to agree,he's the only one that can beat a man with skill and not just kicking the ball and running.Has to be the first name down on the sheet for me.

I knew we were beat before kick off, when I saw Gareth had recalled his Triangle of Doom, Rice, Henderson and Dier. I'm not sure what Mount is supposed to bring to the party either, Sancho looks out of his depth, why he starts Chilwell in front of Saka I've no idea and Walker looks well past it. We're going into reverse now under Gareth. Time for a change, but there won't be one.

How about De Bruyne’s 50 yard pass , inch perfect with the outside of his right boot. ? World class from a world class player. You don’t get voted Players Player of the season for nothing.

Me and the Child Bride went on the Turf last season when Grealish ran us ragged.

She was convinced then that Southgate is Prince Nut Nuts and in her words not mine, "Is not capable of picking his nose!" Quite a large hooter it is too.

Belgium made 15 fouls last night usually to stop creative play. Thought they were better than that. Grealish was being targeted. We still had 16 shots to their 8

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Belgium made 15 fouls last night usually to stop creative play. Thought they were better than that. Grealish was being targeted. We still had 16 shots to their 8
    Yes I noticed that OC, they dropped him five times in the first 20 minutes, clearly targetted but the ref seemed unconcerned, not a yellow card in sight. They knew exactly what they were doing, they knew who our danger man was, Martinez obviously has a greater regard for Grealish than Southgate does.

I'm surprised we had 16 shots, it didn't seem like it, I was thinking at the end it was like the Ireland game last week, I could have been in goal for both Ireland and Belgium and we still wouldn't have scored any more. I suspect we only outshot them because at 2-0 they were content to let us have the ball, they knew we couldn't hurt them, kick Grealish at every opportunity and the result will take care of itself. Which it did.

Me too it looked like they counted blocked shots as their keeper was hardly troubled. and we were playing against a brick wall.
    Our top six teams play like Belgium with lots of tactical fouls at the first chance of a break.

Good player is Jack, however, he needs to be getting fouled a lot further up the pitch. He dropped deeper and deeper in order to try to get the ball and a lot of the fouls against him were quite a way from the danger area. Sadly, the free kicks which were within range were badly taken, therefore no threat.
    Jack's decision making is sometimes at fault because he doesn't always release the ball when he should, instead he chooses to carry on running and ends up down a blind alley. Having said that he was our best player by a country mile.

Their goal from the free kick was a real triumph for modern football. Rice wins the ball, his opponent kicks him but Rice is penalised, presumably because he endangered his opponent by going for the ball. This is happening in every game these days and I don't like it but it isn't going to get any better!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Our top six teams play like Belgium with lots of tactical fouls at the first chance of a break.
    Reminds me of the Spurs documentary on Prime, someone makes a long run out of defence into the Spurs half and they score from it. In the dressing room Jose goes ballistic, 'he should not have been allowed to make that run, he should have been stopped, you're too nice, you have to be b'astards'. Belgium were b'astards last night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)