+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Johnson & Patel

Johnson ordered an inquiry. That found that bullying had occurred and the Ministerial Code had been breached. Whenever that has happened previously, the minister has gone. But that was before Johnson.

An apology has been issued - so that is ok then..

It isn't right v left. I am usually a Conservative voter, but there is no excuse. Show some leadership Mr Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... let's have some balance here, chaps ...

As Iain Duncan Smith and Home Office PPSs coordinate supportive Tweets from MPs in the wake of this afternoon’s Patel report semi-publication, Guido can reveal that behind-the-scenes, myriad angry briefings are being issued against the Home Office, with pro-Priti sources slamming both the department and the government’s now-former adviser on standards, Sir Alex Allan. An ally of Patel tells Guido:

“it’s the civil service who should be apologising, they’ve been found wanting yet again. Whether it’s windrush, lost passports or failing to deport rapists and murderers they blame mistakes on others and then expect an apology.”

To accompany the report’s findings that Home Office officials have shown poor leadership and failed to pass on any behaviour concerns to the Home Secretary, a list is now doing the rounds with MPs of previous failings by the department’s civil servants “to remind folks of the incompetence of the HO… and screwing Ministers over”, including the incidents of Amber Rudd and Mark Harper’s resignations; as well as the numerous apologies ministers have been forced to make after mistakes by the department:

Priti Patel (August 2020): “placing” of asylum seekers at a hotel in Home Secretary Priti Patel’s constituency was “an error”, the Home Office said
    Sajid Javid (April 2019): apologised after asylum rejection letter “criticized the bible”
    Caroline Noakes (April 2019): apologised over Windrush; presided over an administrative error where e-mail sent included other people’s e-mail addresses.
    Caroline Noakes (April 2019): apologized to a couple wrongly accused of entering a sham marriage.
    Sajid Javid (Oct 2018): apologised over illegally demanding immigrant DNA tests.
    Sajid Javid (Aug 2018): apologised over Windrush, and 18 who were wrongly detained or removed.
    Theresa May, Amber Rudd (April 2018): apologised over Windrush
    Mark Harper (Summer 2013): issues involving the use of lorries in a PR campaign on illegal immigrants.
    Jacqui Smith (Dec 2008): apologised after knife crime figures were prematurely released
    Tony McNulty/John Reid (Jan 2007): Home Office errors meant 27,500 offenses committed by British national aboard in other European countries were not passed on to the police for their records, this included serious offenders like rapists
    Jack Straw/Paul Boateng (Feb 1999): criticised over the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry. There was a security blunder that led to police informants being identified.

Of course you lefty wimps won't like that at all ...
    Fortunately we will get a full and thorough resolution to this sad affair when the former head of the civil service gets his day in court relating to his unfair dismissal case he has lodged. During this case we will hear all the issues recollected by all concerned including Priti. No limited release of a report the PM has had for over 3 months no cover up we will hear warts and all. Lets see what we all think after that? I think Priti will return to the back benches after that wether Bojo likes it or not?

That's rich coming from someone who turns loads of threads into his own personal battles.
    Even our moderator is peed off with you.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's rich coming from someone who turns loads of threads into his own personal battles.
    Even our moderator is peed off with you.
    So instead of indulging in a personal battle, are you going to comment on the topic?

Maybe you are just sooooooo neutral you can't decide which side to favour!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So instead of indulging in a personal battle, are you going to comment on the topic?

Maybe you are just sooooooo neutral you can't decide which side to favour!
    See post 9

See post 9
    This is post 9:

Here we go again left v right, the left want every Tory sacked and the right hates the left and defends everything.
    400 posts later no one changes their mind
    That's not commenting on the topic, it's commenting on what others have said about the topic. If you don't have an opinion on Patel and the bullying claims that's fine, just stay away. I've already explained that in my opinion it's right v wrong rather than a right v left issue. I'd be interested to know why you disagree and apparently think it's solely about political allegiances.

Even given the current climate of government incompetence/cronyism/corruption I find today’s events astonishing. I’m just hoping one day I wake up and find normalism has returned.

My hopes aren’t high though.

Elite I think you’re battling against people who are embarrassed to say they voted Tory last year. And rightly so, I would be too.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 21-11-2020 at 12:06 AM.

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;39627200]This is post 9:

That's not commenting on the topic, it's commenting on what others have said about the topic. If you don't have an opinion on Patel and the bullying claims that's fine, just stay away[QUOTE].

Who appointed you thread supervisor?

... ok lefty denier mob, since you seem to want to ignore the facts, tell me who messed up with the so called Windrush cock up? Although protocols indicate that a minister faces the ultimate responsibility, it's the administrators who do the work, or not, as the case may be. So go on, tell me sweet lefties ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Even given the current climate of government incompetence/cronyism/corruption I find today’s events astonishing. I’m just hoping one day I wake up and find normalism has returned.

My hopes aren’t high though.

Elite I think you’re battling against people who are embarrassed to say they voted Tory last year. And rightly so, I would be too.
    If you are indicating that about me I am afraid as per usual you are wrong.
    Mind you if you voted Corbyn then you should be way beyond embarrassed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast