+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Johnson & Patel

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Who appointed you thread supervisor?
    I'm not the thread supervisor. It's just that on these type of threads you regularly post something along the lines of "Yawn, the same people saying the same things and nobody changing their opinion". You may well be right, but if I find something boring I tend to ignore it.

Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm not the thread supervisor. It's just that on these type of threads you regularly post something along the lines of "Yawn, the same people saying the same things and nobody changing their opinion". You may well be right, but if I find something boring I tend to ignore it.

Just a suggestion.
    Fair enough, but by the same token if you don't like what I post ignore me and don't respond.

... don't you know i961, he's Snobhead 1 ...

Thought I'd check out this thread again....

I count 9 posters giving their opinion that Johnson should have acted on the report and removed Patel

1 poster defends her

and one guy, posting the most, tries to hijack the thread with typical diversionary nonsense and offers absolutely no opinion on the subject at all!

Anyway, 90% seem to think that violations of the ministerial code (again in her case) should be acted upon.
    Fat chance with this empty-headed clown in charge

...just because 9 out of 10 think they're right doesn't make them right. Conveniently, selecting not to include the causes of the use of industrial language indicates a certain bias against the user. Can you imagine Messrs Sirrel or Clough using diplomatic language when addressing those who failed to act. The cosy wasters of the Civil Service deserve, in some cases, a tongue lashing ...

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Here we go again left v right, the left want every Tory sacked and the right hates the left and defends everything.
    400 posts later no one changes their mind
    Not at all an accurate summary. Did you miss the post where I said Sunak was currently the most effective Parliamentarian? There are some good Tory MP's; unfortunately, not many of them sit round the table at 10 Downing Street and the head of table is totally inept.
    Whilst I am fully behind Starmer, I have to say that he has a paucity of talent in his ranks. Hopefully that will alter in the years that lie ahead.
    But it is true that this is a terrible government and not fit for purpose. That they are charged with the job of seeing us through Brexit is chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Not at all an accurate summary. Did you miss the post where I said Sunak was currently the most effective Parliamentarian? There are some good Tory MP's; unfortunately, not many of them sit round the table at 10 Downing Street and the head of table is totally inept.
    Whilst I am fully behind Starmer, I have to say that he has a paucity of talent in his ranks. Hopefully that will alter in the years that lie ahead.
    But it is true that this is a terrible government and not fit for purpose. That they are charged with the job of seeing us through Brexit is chilling.
    Chilling to the Lefties Sidney, not to millions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Thought I'd check out this thread again....

I count 9 posters giving their opinion that Johnson should have acted on the report and removed Patel

1 poster defends her

and one guy, posting the most, tries to hijack the thread with typical diversionary nonsense and offers absolutely no opinion on the subject at all!

Anyway, 90% seem to think that violations of the ministerial code (again in her case) should be acted upon.
    Fat chance with this empty-headed clown in charge

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Chilling to the Lefties Sidney, not to millions of others.
    Breaking news on the Lefty BBC - so an addition to my earlier post.

BBC just announced Britain has signed a deal with Canada to trade independently as they are doing at present under EU rules and paves the way for early negotiations to expand this to a full free bilateral trade deal early next year. I seem to remember your Emily saying such deals took years to complete! As I said to your lieutenant the Fatman (and got rudely criticised) a few month's back, this deal known as CANZUK will also include New Zealand and the Commonwealth. Good reception from all companies currently doing business with Canada and cuts out much uncertainty for them. Liz Truss doing a fine but quiet job and deserves much credit.

I'm surprised you continually moan about Brexit, you are an educated bloke with a different political view to mine - fair enough, but you must know that we are a trading nation by birthright and always have been. Just realise much of the world wants to trade with us, we have much to offer in all facets and being tied to the EU just for safety hampers our ability to grasp these markets for ourselves. You can call Boris all you want, but whatever Tory MP was in power I believe you would hiss and spit at ...... Ahh Hissing Sid, never mind duckie!
    Last edited by seriouspie; 21-11-2020 at 03:25 PM.

We already had a trade deal with Canada. Any idea when we’re going to see the benefits of Brexit, rather than vast swathes of Kent being turned into piss and sh!t parks?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast