+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Johnson & Patel

O/T:- Johnson & Patel

So Boris Johnson sides with Pritti Patel.

She's apologised "that my behaviour in the past has upset people".

And his advisor immediately resigned!

'Sir Alex announced his resignation as the prime minister released his statement on the report's findings.

"I recognise that it is for the prime minister to make a judgement on whether actions by a minister amount to a breach of the ministerial code," he said.

"But I feel that it is right that I should now resign from my position as the prime minister's independent adviser on the code."

I don't think we have heard the last on this. Weak leadership - did he not learn anything from the Dominic Cummings fiasco?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-11-2020 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    So Boris Johnson sides with Pritti Patel.

I don't think we have heard the last on this. Weak leadership - did he not learn anything from the Dominic Cummings fiasco?
    Denial and refusal is their default position on almost everything...
    Ultimately, that's really dumb. Shocking as it should sound, Trump would be looking at a second term now if he hadn't defaulted to denial when coronavirus came along. Instead of saying it was a hoax, or just a little flu....if he had given the impression that he cared about people's lives he might just have won those really tight swing states.

Why do they always deny and refuse (tobacco linked to cancer, hydrocarbons, climate change, child poverty, gun law and mass shootings, covid19, ministerial wrongdoing etc etc)? I'd say it's not always to protect the interests of the rich and powerful, sometimes it just seems to be the habit of wanting to frustrate people, progress and the truth...for the sake of it, even if this leads to them losing political capital, like with Trump and covid. Pritti dumb.

Yes, agree, Patel should have been sacked.

To take no action is a mistake - had he demoted her to a lesser position, he might have been seen as having at least one ball!
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 20-11-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Even Theresa May had the judgement to fire this loose cannon of a politician. That's three times no that the cock has crowed for Boris - Cummings, Williamson and Patel and three times he's taken the weak option.

Bullying your 'subordinates' is a classic trait of an aerosol. Patel fits right in to this cabinet.

... let's have some balance here, chaps ...

As Iain Duncan Smith and Home Office PPSs coordinate supportive Tweets from MPs in the wake of this afternoon’s Patel report semi-publication, Guido can reveal that behind-the-scenes, myriad angry briefings are being issued against the Home Office, with pro-Priti sources slamming both the department and the government’s now-former adviser on standards, Sir Alex Allan. An ally of Patel tells Guido:

“it’s the civil service who should be apologising, they’ve been found wanting yet again. Whether it’s windrush, lost passports or failing to deport rapists and murderers they blame mistakes on others and then expect an apology.”

To accompany the report’s findings that Home Office officials have shown poor leadership and failed to pass on any behaviour concerns to the Home Secretary, a list is now doing the rounds with MPs of previous failings by the department’s civil servants “to remind folks of the incompetence of the HO… and screwing Ministers over”, including the incidents of Amber Rudd and Mark Harper’s resignations; as well as the numerous apologies ministers have been forced to make after mistakes by the department:

Priti Patel (August 2020): “placing” of asylum seekers at a hotel in Home Secretary Priti Patel’s constituency was “an error”, the Home Office said
    Sajid Javid (April 2019): apologised after asylum rejection letter “criticized the bible”
    Caroline Noakes (April 2019): apologised over Windrush; presided over an administrative error where e-mail sent included other people’s e-mail addresses.
    Caroline Noakes (April 2019): apologized to a couple wrongly accused of entering a sham marriage.
    Sajid Javid (Oct 2018): apologised over illegally demanding immigrant DNA tests.
    Sajid Javid (Aug 2018): apologised over Windrush, and 18 who were wrongly detained or removed.
    Theresa May, Amber Rudd (April 2018): apologised over Windrush
    Mark Harper (Summer 2013): issues involving the use of lorries in a PR campaign on illegal immigrants.
    Jacqui Smith (Dec 2008): apologised after knife crime figures were prematurely released
    Tony McNulty/John Reid (Jan 2007): Home Office errors meant 27,500 offenses committed by British national aboard in other European countries were not passed on to the police for their records, this included serious offenders like rapists
    Jack Straw/Paul Boateng (Feb 1999): criticised over the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry. There was a security blunder that led to police informants being identified.

Of course you lefty wimps won't like that at all ...

Why do you keep defending the indefensible Blackdonkey? I hope they are paying you for this, otherwise you just look a little bit like a government apologist. Sad!

... you lefty denyers perhaps don't realise the extent of the self-serving wasters who inhabit the Civil Service. It seems to me that a good deal of shouting, swearing or whatever probably needed to happen, (a) to wake them from their cosy slumber, (b) to help them face the really that change needs to happen despite their empire-built dens of safety (leading to their gold-bar pensions). ie., they should change or get out. In any case, many now would be anti-Brexit traitors simply putting spokes in the wheel trying to have a laugh at those trying to implement the democratic decision to leave the rotten sick men of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... you lefty denyers perhaps don't realise the extent of the self-serving wasters who inhabit the Civil Service. It seems to me that a good deal of shouting, swearing or whatever probably needed to happen, (a) to wake them from their cosy slumber, (b) to help them face the really that change needs to happen despite their empire-built dens of safety (leading to their gold-bar pensions). ie., they should change or get out. In any case, many now would be anti-Brexit traitors simply putting spokes in the wheel trying to have a laugh at those trying to implement the democratic decision to leave the rotten sick men of the EU.
    Here we go again left v right, the left want every Tory sacked and the right hates the left and defends everything.
    400 posts later no one changes their mind

I thought this was about great Notts CCC Middle order Batsmen with the thread title.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast