+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Johnson & Patel

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Don't act dense youth because I know you're not. You build on land where the problem may be if that action will solve the problem. I'm having a chuckle as I know you're taking the piss! Anyway -apart from the onions - is that 1000th part of a nag you own beginning to show promise
    Me take the piss? I thought you knew me better than that.

Regarding the nag, it's actually nags - 14 in training, 12 mares in the breeding operation and several foals and yearlings. One of the nags won £650,000 in prize money and she was later sold for £6,300,000 at auction. Should get me a few onion seeds.

Let's calmly discuss this.

I was using the Lincs WW2 airfields as an example of I assume hitherto, either arable or pasture land, to build these RAF bases as a necessity to defend the country prior to war breaking out. I would assume it was not government land to start with so compulsory purchase orders would be issued. Like wise if logistical lorry parks are deemed necessary to make road haulage work after Brexit is complete, then the comparison is similar in context. Lincolnshire a county I love incidentally, was ideal both geographically and terrain wise. There were more wartime airfields in Lincs than any other county (48) from what I gather. On average , apparently 400 acres per airfield which combined with the others was far greater than your "swathes of land" in Kent.

If I'm not mistaken, I would suggest your anti Brexit views are being brought into play here. If perchance the "swathes of land" you refer to were used to build a large council estate, would you still object? The main word I have used in both comparisons is necessity. Anyway, I must reply to Sid's post, cheers for now.
    Sorry, I know I’m a bit stoopid, but you’ll have to talk me through that one again. Are you saying that because they’ve concreted over land for stuff like air bases and council estates then what does it matter if they build over a bit more land for lorry parks?

But why will need those lorry parks? Because of the red tape and customs checks will massively increase. We weren’t promised that. Let’s go back to your pebble crushing machine selling days. When you sold a machine to Herr Kieselbrecher in Berlin, what good would it have done either of you if that machine was held up for days in Kent? Do you think that will make stuff cheaper or more expensive? What about fresh food, what about the effect on that? (We can’t grow and harvest what we need ourselves so don’t suggest that).

Most importantly of all, what benefits can I look forward to as an average family bloke in Lincolnshire?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Me take the piss? I thought you knew me better than that.

Regarding the nag, it's actually nags - 14 in training, 12 mares in the breeding operation and several foals and yearlings. One of the nags won £650,000 in prize money and she was later sold for £6,300,000 at auction. Should get me a few onion seeds.
    Well bugger me - but well done and congratulations ...... always good when an investment turns a profit. I only assumed you had a part share in one horse. I assume the mare sold for breeding purposes? Wish Potty was still alive, you'd have much in common to speak about only he never had an interest in football.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Sorry, I know I’m a bit stoopid, but you’ll have to talk me through that one again. Are you saying that because they’ve concreted over land for stuff like air bases and council estates then what does it matter if they build over a bit more land for lorry parks?

But why will need those lorry parks? Because of the red tape and customs checks will massively increase. We weren’t promised that. Let’s go back to your pebble crushing machine selling days. When you sold a machine to Herr Kieselbrecher in Berlin, what good would it have done either of you if that machine was held up for days in Kent? Do you think that will make stuff cheaper or more expensive? What about fresh food, what about the effect on that? (We can’t grow and harvest what we need ourselves so don’t suggest that).

Most importantly of all, what benefits can I look forward to as an average family bloke in Lincolnshire?
    1. Yes I am saying that .... if the need is there to do it - which the experts have deemed it is.

2. We will find out any delays when things happen, not before.

3. Depends on the outcome of the deal although we're told a certain few things may cost more and others will cost less if no deal reached.

4. Crushers - In this case no problem. Once laden on the lorry and leaving the works, our responsibility ceases until delivered to site.

5. I don't know ....... and neither do you until it happens. The main thing for me is being totally independent again.

Well bugger me - but well done and congratulations ...... always good when an investment turns a profit.
    Despite the big money numbers I quoted, it's been an investment that has returned a huge profit in many areas, but unfortunately not in financial terms. Because it's an ownership group numbering around 18,000 at the last count, I barely own a hair on the tail of each horse. That has never stopped me seeing it as 'my horse' whenever one of them runs. I've experienced a paddock place and the winner's enclosure when I've been lucky in the ballot. The experience of watching a horse run, then go to stud and produce a foal that runs in your colours has been priceless to me. I think i961pie is the only one I know on here to have dipped a toe into group ownership, and while I suspect he wouldn't have made a financial profit, I would bet he doesn't regret his involvement.

Regarding Ann & Alan Potts, their colours have been iconic for many years and it will be a sad day when they are no longer seen.

1. Yes I am saying that .... if the need is there to do it - which the experts have deemed it is.

2. We will find out any delays when things happen, not before.

3. Depends on the outcome of the deal although we're told a certain few things may cost more and others will cost less if no deal reached.

4. Crushers - In this case no problem. Once laden on the lorry and leaving the works, our responsibility ceases until delivered to site.

5. I don't know ....... and neither do you until it happens. The main thing for me is being totally independent again.
    I’ll not add anymore to the debate, your post speaks for itself.

Despite the big money numbers I quoted, it's been an investment that has returned a huge profit in many areas, but unfortunately not in financial terms. Because it's an ownership group numbering around 18,000 at the last count, I barely own a hair on the tail of each horse. That has never stopped me seeing it as 'my horse' whenever one of them runs. I've experienced a paddock place and the winner's enclosure when I've been lucky in the ballot. The experience of watching a horse run, then go to stud and produce a foal that runs in your colours has been priceless to me. I think i961pie is the only one I know on here to have dipped a toe into group ownership, and while I suspect he wouldn't have made a financial profit, I would bet he doesn't regret his involvement.

Regarding Ann & Alan Potts, their colours have been iconic for many years and it will be a sad day when they are no longer seen.
    I totally understand your love for this sport and the enjoyment you get out of it. Well said young man, monetary returns are not your objectives in this issue and good luck that your enjoyment lasts for a long time. I haven't asked much lately about the Potts' string but I suspect it will gradually fall away unfortunately now the main man isn't around - as no back pocket 'readies' to help out. A very very expensive overhead to meet especially if winnings tend to drift away.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ll not add anymore to the debate, your post speaks for itself.
    It does indeed my man!

You are right EP, it is great fun. I am not so involved as you I only have a share in two (Asdaa ran a good second yesterday) but my wife wants to invest in another for me for a Xmas present. You do feel it is your horse even though has you say we only own a hair or tooth of each animal.
    When it came to renew my share in Asdaa it only cost £19 because of a bit of prize money he won, that is less than 30p a week. Bargain.

We’re not totally independent, and never will be. Any trade deal comes with rules and dispute resolution mechanisms, and “no deal” means WTO rules. But I’m sure you knew that before voting to “get our sovereignty back”.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast