+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe firing shots

Joe firing shots

Our very own joe rothwell has said we should beat Luton town.
    He is of course correct we should be beating them,however sounding off in an interview is perhaps not the best thing to do.
    That is the managers team talk sorted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Our very own joe rothwell has said we should beat Luton town.
    He is of course correct we should be beating them,however sounding off in an interview is perhaps not the best thing to do.
    That is the managers team talk sorted for him.
    I'd be shocked if he didn't have Covid/a bad back/a headache/ or all the other excuses rolled out by our lot every week.
    Why is a nobody like him speaking for starters?
    If I was Luton I would asking who the fk Joe Rothwell is

I wish players wouldn't do that.
    He is asking to be targeted as well.

Nathan jones having a little cry about the comments and come across a little arrogant himself.
    Another manager to add to the dislike list along with paul cook and the ex bristol city manager.

I know. But equally we should be going and beating sides like this with ease. And shutting up little guys like Jones. That's 7 out of 9 points they have taken from us in 3 games. Too many players talk too much.
    That wasnt the reason we where largely poor yesterday. Thats because we are a crap midtable club

I still don't get why a midtable Championship team should be described as "crap".
    Or why you should be dismissing Luton because of history.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I still don't get why a midtable Championship team should be described as "crap".
    Or why you should be dismissing Luton because of history.
    Norwich who spent the whole of last season being pathetic are top of this poor league. The standard is pretty poor. And we are just a middle of the road side. If you get relegated you are utterly ****e. We are not that bad. We are just going nowhere. And if they go to Preston and lose on Tues they will be closer to the relegation places. Which in my book makes it 'crap' considering they have fully backed the manager window after wibdie. Haven't sold anyone. And pump in millions into a decent academy every season. To then bring in a 17 year old Liverpool player and develop another clubs player. Who isn't making us any better.

I simply reckon you look at Rovers too much in isolation, Champs.
    The Championship is like treacle - very difficult to get out of.
    Most of the clubs who struggle into the PL don't stay for long.
    As results show every week and every season, the difference between top and bottom is quite small.
    At the moment, Derby are last and Forest 20th, while Coventry have managed to put together two wins and three draws. Barnsley - amongst the favourites for relegation again - are just above us.
    You call it "crap". I just think it is what it is: a very level playing-field, where many factors will play a part in where a club finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I simply reckon you look at Rovers too much in isolation, Champs.
    The Championship is like treacle - very difficult to get out of.
    Most of the clubs who struggle into the PL don't stay for long.
    As results show every week and every season, the difference between top and bottom is quite small.
    At the moment, Derby are last and Forest 20th, while Coventry have managed to put together two wins and three draws. Barnsley - amongst the favourites for relegation again - are just above us.
    You call it "crap". I just think it is what it is: a very level playing-field, where many factors will play a part in where a club finishes.
    I saw Norwich. They wehere the worst in my lifetime. And I have watched every single Prem league since 1992.
    Norwich downed tools in Nov. They have sold every decent player they did have. And my Nov this season they are back top.

Its just my opinion. My opinion is its awful. And we are middle of the road crap.

But "awful" compared to what?
    We are just watching the facts-of-life in modern football.
    Almost all the money is to be found in the top half of the PL. That makes the Championship a competition full of decent players, most of whom don't quite have what it takes to make it with Liverpool - or even Everton!
    As Despair has said, that makes for a lot more genuinely competitive games. I just don't have the same problem with that as you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)