+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Nottingham Forest Match Thoughts

Tough game. Very even. Another worldy. Win and play average. Think we will be ok this season. MOM for me Brittain again

The lads played really well there! We couldn’t get in front due to poor final balls and crosses! Val saw this eventually and took off Freiser and this put us on the front foot.
    The next too changes for me were extremely brave, for once a manager has seen that Mowatt was making poor passes and not making tackles that needed to be made and took him off, he also saw Chaplin giving the ball away cheaply and being brushed aside like a small child.
    Adeboyejo for the 11 minutes he was on was outstanding made the first goal with brute strength and brushed aside Forests players like they had been doing to Chaplin!
    Hopefully Woodrows goal will set him off on a run? But thoroughly deserved today.

Definitely a “New Manager bounce “ we should all take happily.

Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Win today W4 D4 L4 and no negative goal difference - SIMPLES !
    There you go !!!

HAPPY DAYS !

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Win today W4 D4 L4 and no negative goal difference - SIMPLES !
    There you go Simples !! and positive goal difference

HAPPY DAYS!

Tough game that and at 0-0 it was anybody's game to be fair and were indebted to Jack Walton with some cracking saves .

Callum Styles goal was a thing of beauty , reminded me of one of Darren Barnard's crackers over twenty years ago .

Nice play from Britain to set up Cauley for a nice finish and put the game to bed .

Lot's to be positive about tonight because the lads had to dig in at times and ride out Forest's threat especially in that second half , definitely a game we wouldn't have won last season because we would have crumbled in the second half .

Up to mid table tonight , I'll drink to that .

Entertaining game, end to end. We had to dig in at times, but stuck at it and got our rewards.
    Ismael used his subs well
    Well done to the lads

Great win that. Stylesies goal wo outstanding, great strike and worthy of winning any game. Chuffed to bits fo Woodrow too, he were desperately unlucky wi them shots against the crossbar. Happy days, few Newcy brarns to celebrate

Very enjoyable game to watch and a special mention to Jack Walton for keeping us in the game. I have a very good feeling about this five substitution rule.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast