+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Nottingham Forest Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Nottingham Forest Match Thoughts

Well the lads have had a bit of a break and now embark on a run of 9 games before the boxing day clash with the dog botherers .

A brutal schedule although the five subs may make the going slightly easier .

I'm looking for 12 more points before Boxing Day which will give us 25 going in to the festive campaign , not beyond us I feel and targets do need setting in my opinion .

Anything above that will be welcome and a bonus .

Difficult one to predict tomorrow , Forest have new manager Chris Houghton in charge these days who knows the league well and I expect a tougher game than the last two we've had against them recently .

A point tomorrow wouldn't be a bad result in my opinion although with Brentford in town on Tuesday night a cheeky 3 points would be just tickety boo .

Is it me but with this current international break seems ages since we last played certainly more than 2 weeks !?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Is it me but with this current international break seems ages since we last played certainly more than 2 weeks !?

I agree, it seems mooar than a fotnit Chops.

This run up to Christmas is brutal but same fo everyone. Tough game tomorrow, mind you they're all tough. A point wunt be a disaster against a well drilled Chris Hughton teeum.

A difficult period coming up, 12 games in 43 days. So full use of the squad I suspect.
    Forest under Chris Hughton appear to be revived. Taylor has found his shooting boots and Knockheart pulling the strings in midfield, so I think it will be s very different game to the previous two.
    I agree with Animal that 12 points from this period would be good, anything above that is a bonus

Forest have won away from home once in their last 12 Championship games! The last two meetings between us at Oakwell has seen us win both 1-0.
    We are rested and have 5 subs which plays to our strengths as a high pressing side so it’s nailed on for me we will lose......
    This is one of those games that could be a win, lose or draw and it would be no surprise.

Going to be interesting with the five subs and how Val goes about this .

I guess it depends on the state of the game around the hour mark .

Some of the fringe lads are going to be getting important roles from the bench , Thomas , Simoes , Williams , Kane , Victor and Palmer either to get us an equaliser , the win or see the game out .

We saw this last season how 5 subs totally changes the dynamics of the game .

Their roles from off the bench could get them starts in a couple of weeks as this schedule starts to bite .

This is now a 16 man game , no doubt about it .

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    A difficult period coming up, 12 games in 43 days. So full use of the squad I suspect.
    Forest under Chris Hughton appear to be revived. Taylor has found his shooting boots and Knockheart pulling the strings in midfield, so I think it will be s very different game to the previous two.
    I agree with Animal that 12 points from this period would be good, anything above that is a bonus
    I'd also like to see Nozzer a positive goal difference before boxing day .

I know possibly in the grand scheme of things it isn't the be all and end all but none the less it shows progress .

As Barnsley are now - anything could happen.
    If we take a small percentage of the chances created (and as per usual we will create a shed load) then we could easily win this 3-0.
    If however those easy chances go begging then heads will drop - and theirs will lift - resulting with us losing 0-3.
    Stingray ........ stand by for action, anything can happen in the next half hour !!!

6 Pointer v Forest and 6 points of play offs 6 from relegation zone - take your pick !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast