+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classical Music lovers - you can get a fix in lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Elgar, eh? What an enigma.

A little know fact, but Elgar was a stauch Wolves fan and he wrote the first ever footy chant.

It was called, "He banged the leather for goal"

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...d-first-249498
    Fascinating and brings more football to this thread that a lot of others lol. Definitely an enigma.
    Look forward to hearing it one day, doesn’t sound like it will work in Portuguese.
    My Elgar’s were from Near Ramsgate Kent and I think his were too, No soccer teams there!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    BT
    Funny but I say that about the daily Boris and Cabal posts on every thread you can find. Lol

What’s your musical poison then
    I started with Motown in about 1964, then got hooked on Northern Soul with the whole "Northern" thing - all-nighters, girls, drugs, Lambrettas and have never regretted not moving on from that scene, OC.

I know there is another world out there, I enjoy the theatre, I have seen several of the most famous philharmonic orchestras and have even been to the London ballet, but I have never been able to emulate being "Out on the floor" with Northern Soul tunes belting out.

Each to their own eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    "......Gustav Holst played Second Trombone for the RSNO from 1900 to 1904!

Aye, but as an ex-trombone player myself, I can assure you that Holst was on another planet or seven.
    Did you play the trumpet voluntary Super

Fascinating and brings more football to this thread that a lot of others lol. Definitely an enigma.
    Look forward to hearing it one day, doesn’t sound like it will work in Portuguese.
    My Elgar’s were from Near Ramsgate Kent and I think his were too, No soccer teams there!
    His dad William Henry Elgar (1821–1906) was brought up in Dover.

You could be related?

Kent you say. Deal or no Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I started with Motown in about 1964, then got hooked on Northern Soul with the whole "Northern" thing - all-nighters, girls, drugs, Lambrettas and have never regretted not moving on from that scene, OC.

I know there is another world out there, I enjoy the theatre, I have seen several of the most famous philharmonic orchestras and have even been to the London ballet, but I have never been able to emulate being "Out on the floor" with Northern Soul tunes belting out.

Each to their own eh?
    I enjoy most kinds of music (I struggle with country, rap and "hard" jazz).

Mrs 59-60 was a regular at Wigan Pier back in the day, and I like that stuff too.

In fact, I loved all the music in the 60's and 70's but tended to listen to the noisier ones.

Did you play the trumpet voluntary Super
    Haha --no, however, I earned a living playing trombone, tuba, double bass and bass guitar and enjoy most kinds of music, however, just like football, you can't beat playing it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Each to their own eh?
    Absolutely
    Still into drugs, all nighters and Lambrettas 😳
    I loved the northern scene as portrayed by Nelson Imperial and the multi group tours of the 60s but never had such a life.
    Our tastes are quite eclectic now, like you we’ve done a few ballets and even some operas but usually enjoy the RSNO and the odd concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Haha --no, however, I earned a living playing trombone, tuba, double bass and bass guitar and enjoy most kinds of music, however, just like football, you can't beat playing it!
    Multitalented Super. Presume you didn’t play football or all of them at the same time.
    Any names we would know?

I enjoy most kinds of music (I struggle with country, rap and "hard" jazz).

Mrs 59-60 was a regular at Wigan Pier back in the day, and I like that stuff too.

In fact, I loved all the music in the 60's and 70's but tended to listen to the noisier ones.
    Me too but the noisier ones and screaming girls did for my hearing I believe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)