+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classical Music lovers - you can get a fix in lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Kent you say. Deal or no Deal?
    Yes 59 it’s possible there’s a link somewhere but looked at his tree and not found it ..... yet

Spot on outwood
    Deal Castle I believe for my g g grandfather where he was a coach builder, his wife was an Elgar from Ramsgate, but so far I can find no link to the big man.

Why my g grandfather came from Deal to Burnley is a mystery.

No mystery at all OC - he wanted to live at the "Home of Football".

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Multitalented Super. Presume you didn’t play football or all of them at the same time.
    Any names we would know?
    Haha ---not at the same time but always thankful for the opportunities the RAF gave me with music and sport. Backed Matt Monroe and Freddie Starr at Blazers in Windor, Shirley Bassey in Berlin for the 50th Anniversry of Sender Freis Berlin, backed Vera Lynn many times and also Roy Castle who lived in our local area and we backed regularly and what a talent he was.

When we reformed the Squadronaires I played with them at Ronnie Scotts and was also lucky enough to play in all the well known halls in London, Birmingham, Dundee, Berlin, Hong Kong etc with the various RAF Bands and also other outfits.
    Great life and now you know why I am always happy ---no matter what is thrown at me!
    Last edited by Supersub6; 21-11-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No mystery at all OC - he wanted to live at the "Home of Football".
    Lol
    Actually I Think he came before Burnley FC started to be a teacher then headmaster at Habergham around 1866.

He was 4 when his dad died in Deal. Somehow his mother got him to train to be a teacher at Battersea College. Maybe with the mills going up they needed more teachers in Burnley and job opportunities were better.
    He got a head job in Colne in the 1880s, hence why I’m from there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Thanks for that OC.

Two brilliant conductors there.

i'll check the link.
    Any luck 59. I’m watching the other half of the Jaarvi concert now!

Just hot off the press

We're delighted that our performance of Götterdämmerung with Sir Andrew Davis and @RSNO from the 2019 Edinburgh International Festival has been nominated for this year's Classical Music Award at the South Bank #SkyArts Awards

You may have heard of YoYo Ma the worlds greatest cellist, you may have heard of Nelson born and bred pianist Kathryn Stott.
    They collaborated in lock down and here’s one of their videos Old Man River
    Exquisite
    https://youtu.be/BKr2BrrCUWc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)