+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Match Thread vs. Chesterfield 21.11.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I wonder who will volunteer to be moderator these days after witnessing that period!
    Just think of a number less than one!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Different opinions are the lifeblood of the board, always have been. Me and you would probably differ on religion, but only on the gods bit. Where gods are avoided, I think the ten commandments are a great example of the way we should live life.

Must admit I see you as being pro-Ardley, but a disciple of laddo????? Even I'm not that cruel.
    It was a somewhat crazy statement from a desperate man at the time. However an apology followed soon after which you wouldn't get from everyone on here so that's to be commended.

Everybody makes mistakes, not everyone can admit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Different opinions are the lifeblood of the board, always have been. Me and you would probably differ on religion, but only on the gods bit. Where gods are avoided, I think the ten commandments are a great example of the way we should live life.

Must admit I see you as being pro-Ardley, but a disciple of laddo????? Even I'm not that cruel.
    We would differ on religion, yes, but that's ok, not a problem to me.

As for being pro-Ardley, I try to be pro-Notts, with the manager being part of that. I don't like everything he does, it's just that at the moment, I don't think we are far off where we need to be but I do think that if we do not go up, we need a new manager next season. Some would say that I am easily pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I wonder who will volunteer to be moderator these days after witnessing that period!
    He was absolutely determined to make certain people peso dearly for their opinions.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-11-2020 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    He was absolutely determined to make certain people peso dearly for their opinions.
    Unfortunately it seems he may have mezcalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't think the personal insults or language are anywhere near as bad on here as they were at one time.
    Completely agree. People still argue but they're exchanging snide comments as Cher aptly describes them, rather than full on name calling and personal insults, as was normal until recently.

It's all water off a ducks back to me and snide comments, little nicknames are fine by me. When someone has to resort to direct abusive language or goes too personal then they have already lost the argument or whatever they are debating.
    Makes them look weak.

Personally I will never drop to that low a level as it's simply not needed. I will leave that to others

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I've not anything close to a "fictional romance" since my early years at secondary school. I think flukierieland must have me confused with someone else.

I'm also interested in statement that "the place is toxic and has been for years"

Powerful stuff.
    I was wondering about the use of "toxic" too. How can anyone be poisoned by posts they don't like? You can usually see where a fred is going, if you don't like it don't be so precious and faint, just don't follow it. Not every one descends into a slanging match, in fact most disagreements just fade away without any fatalities.

i used the word toxic, im not a linguist so there is likely a more fitting word but the enviroment i.e. the engagement and exchanging of viewpoints in here i find involves significant drama and fighting, where personal battles often harm the ability to find anything insightful about matches/players performance.

I wouldn't categorise my not posting or viewing the board regularly as being precious, its just not enjoyable wading through what i outlined above so i dont do it as much as i used too.

The player rating threads are usually ok but not commented on very much and are the threads i would look at when i do come on. A pet hate of mine is seeing a thread with 25 replies when there was 5 the last time i was on and thinking there might be something worth reading only to find 20 replies with puns...

What a comeback this was. 2 goals in injury time!

You Pies!

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334